Help and Support > DCM Help

KaineZ's setup: how to "scan" with a digital camera

<< < (3/4) > >>

Yoc:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
I'll be trying some of them on my next edit job.

KaineZ:

--- Quote from: builderboy on May 05, 2014, 06:27:51 PM ---SO very interesting to hear of your techniques!  Thanks for describing KaineZ & Yoc.  Two color balancing moves that I find effective are setting the tone to 'highlights', and the first is moving the cyan/red slider toward cyan to reduce the reds, the other, 'highlights' again, but the yellow/blue slider toward blue to reduce the yellows.  If you don't go too far, it renders tanned paper back to cream tone, like fresh newsprint.

Thanks for sharing, guys...keeps my appetite for continued Photoshop experimentation alive.

--- End quote ---

I've been out of town since last week, but I'm going to work with that a little when I get back.  Sounds interesting.  I only recently started playing around with adjusting Yellows to try to reduce foxing.  Maybe with CMYK it works better?

KaineZ:
Got back earlier today and I've been playing around with color balancing CMYK and all I can say is wow!  I like what this can do, if I can get it sped up a little bit I'll be happy.

KaineZ:
I was just looking through Shutterbug magazine this morning and they had an ad with the link to a company that makes stands for making photographic copies of things.  While looking through their website I came across this book cradle:

http://www.kaiser-fototechnik.de/en/produkte/2_1_produktanzeige.asp?nr=5631

Here's a picture of the cradle holding a book:

http://i59.tinypic.com/a3jdco.jpgIt looks like it solves every conceivable problem I've encountered with photographing comic books.  They've got a US sales rep so I'm going to contact them about pricing on this item as well as the cost of the camera stand (found elsewhere on the website linked above).  I'll report back with the pricing.

KaineZ:
Yeah, that's not going to work.  It's $16,000.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version