developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Weird Tales of the Future 3  (Read 1464 times)

Offline SteveD

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Weird Tales of the Future 3
« on: April 25, 2014, 10:10:35 AM »

Greetings funnybook aficionados,

I am uploading my c2c scan of my own copy of Weird Tales of the Future #3, complete but in especially crappy condition -- at some point in the indeterminate past, someone thought they'd preserve the book by trimming the page edges on the outside edge. Fortunately this only impinges on panel art in a few instances in the first story, where the edges of word balloons are clipped and in one regrettable instance an edge of Wolverton's art is lost to the winds of time. But with some judicious work the colors and pages are clearer and brighter than the book itself and overall it is a presentable if weatherbeaten copy.

Aside from the magnificent cover (I welcome conjecture as to how the editors of Key thought this cover appropriate for a supposedly Science-Fiction oriented comic book, but that's part of why Stanley Morse's whole line was as wonderfully berserk as it was, no?) this features THREE prime Basil Wolverton stories, all supremely weird: a great Jumpin' Jupiter, the more traditional Monster on Mars (love that giant hand!) and what is likely Wolverton's most surreal story, Nightmare World.

People can also enjoy the bad Ming The Merciless swipes for the villain in the unfortunately titled Slave Pits of Uranus and there's also The Desert Castle with art by Tony Mortellaro who manages to completely undercut the moral dilemma of the story's characters by making them look like macrocephalic bobble-head dolls.

Digital Comic Museum

Weird Tales of the Future 3
« on: April 25, 2014, 10:10:35 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Weird Tales of the Future 3
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 12:01:36 PM »
Hi Steve,
Many, many thanks for adding this amazing book to the collection!
I've made you a VIP member as well for the donation.

I'm adding a Weird Tales folder to the Key section now.
-Yoc

Offline SteveD

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 12:40:15 PM »
Many gracious thanks, Yocmeister. It's just a shame to fall bass-ackwards into glory on the merits of such a rag-copy as this.

More to come!

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 12:56:28 AM »
We'll be on the lookout for them Steve and thanks for your first scan.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time