developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: 2014: GA Characters' New Comics Debut  (Read 1382 times)

Offline CharlieRock

• VIP
  • DCM Member
2014: GA Characters' New Comics Debut
« on: January 01, 2014, 12:57:47 PM »
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter is coming out in February with Greg Pak writing (who is doing excellently in Action Comics, imho) with pencils by Mirko Colak.

Magnus: Robot Fighter
is due in March with Fred Van Lente
Solar: Man of the Atom
 set for an April debut with Frank Barbiere
and last but not least, Doctor Spektor
out in May with Mark Waid on the credit page.

Of these new series I will definitely check out Mark Waid's Doctor Spektor. He has done a good job on the Rocketeer and so far I am enjoying his Green Hornet run as well.
I might check out Turok (I like Pak's work on Action Comics) but of all the GA characters he is perhaps runner up for the one I know the absolute least on that is still famous.
And Solar: Man of the Atom is a cool name so I may check a couple issues of it out based on that alone.  ^-^

Digital Comic Museum

2014: GA Characters' New Comics Debut
« on: January 01, 2014, 12:57:47 PM »

Offline boox909

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
  • Arch Comics Nerd
Re: 2014: GA Characters' New Comics Debut
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 01:11:40 PM »
I am on the fence about these ... wasn't exactly happy with how the Dark Horse/Shooter episode went, I most likely will grab the Solar book for my pull sub.

I am not as familiar with Doctor Spektor, but Mark Waid being on it means I will follow it until he at least jumps ship ... kinda like what is going on with the current Fox book, but since that's Archie/Red Circle I'll still around.

B.
Golly, what were the Last 100 uploads?
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/stats2.php

Keltner's Golden Age Comic Book Index!
http://www.twomorrows.com/alterego/media/Golden%20Age%20Index.pdf

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 09:55:48 AM »
Not sure about any of those characters being G.A.
I also enjoy Mr. Waid on Rocketeer. But I wonder if the other titles have had their day.  It will be exceedingly difficult for new creative teams to come anywhere near the heights attained by the original Magnus - that was a fine looking comic.  And although Solar was a bit limited by the overuse of the same villain, it was very exciting.  Well, it was to me.
The real G.A. heroes brought back recently, Cap. Midnight and Skyman, got me excited at first but I quickly cooled as it all became a bit fraught and the creators decided to change the costumes. Really?  They should know better.  I think that was the final straw and I decided to cancel my standing order.  The odd new comic that I fancy, I will download.  Saves space and money.
Doctor Spektor was a Gold Key character, I think.
Stephen Montgomery

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »
I actually liked the Dark Horse run of the GK characters. I hope the next run is good. I will check them out except Doctor Spektor. I am not into occult files.

Offline happyhuman

• DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 01:12:03 AM »
Just finished reading Dark Horse Skyman mini series, it was good and made me want to read their Cat.Midnight . To those who wonder, from what I've read, I believe the only similarity between DH Skyman the the GA one is the name