- +

Author Topic: My first upload and discovering a new site of compilations and archives.  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Lackteen

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
Dear Digital Comic Museum members:

Although I have been a member for a quite, i recently put together my first compilation, THE COLLECTED EYE, it was quite a learning experience.  Thank you for editing it and standardizing the title.  I hope that my first effort is well received.

Shortly after my first upload, i discovered a huge blogsite of compilations of public domain comic characters, comics, themes and artists produced by Boutje Fedankt, that amazing and redoubtable Netherlander who has posted thousands of comics, both public domain and not, on the internet, especially on Usenet. The files are downloadable via file sharing servers like 4Share, Mega and other.  Unfortunately, many of the files are huge. For example, the entire output of Fawcett's Captain Marvel is offered in five files of about a gigabite each!

Nevertheless, this seems like a great resource for immediate uploads or re-edited uploads.

Here is the URL:   

http://publicdomaincomics.wordpress.com

Please take at it. What do you all think?

All the best for the New Year,

Lackteen

Digital Comic Museum

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: My first upload and discovering a new site of compilations and archives.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 10:45:50 AM »
Many Thanks Lackteen!
You picked a real unique character to feature in your first collection.

This is the first I've heard of Boutje's very impressive blog!  Thanks very much for letting us all know about it.  I love when I learn of something impressive like this.
He's very welcome to share his collections on DCM if he likes but I think he's got it covered already.  The only firm rule besides it having to be a public domain source is we can't allow file uploads over 125-150mb each.  We ask people to break their archive uploads into parts when they total more than 150mb.

Hmm.  I see he's produced his own collections even when others existed already on DCM.  Odd but I guess he likes his versions more.

Thanks again L and we look forward to seeing what you collect next.

-Yoc

Offline Lackteen

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 01:35:53 PM »
Thank so much for the feedback on my first effort.

Boutje Fedankt has had a number of sites in the past.  In his introduction, he credits DCM, Comic Book Plus, and archive.org as some of his main resources.

Cheers,

Lackteen

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 03:03:09 PM »
Hi L,
Yes, he does give his sources credit which is nice to see.  I'm going to add him to the Links section here as well.  I'm sure members would enjoy seeing his work.
Thanks again for letting us know about his blog here.

-Yoc