- +

Author Topic: The Cisco Kid  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Indywesternfan

• DCM Member
The Cisco Kid
« on: March 09, 2013, 07:36:16 AM »
I noticed that DCM has been downloading some Rex Allen, Hopalong Cassidy and Wild Bill Elliot comics lately.  I hope more b-western comics are becoming available in public domain. Can you download some Cisco Kid comics?  The Buck Jones comics are also a favorite on mine. Hope you can download some more of his comics. It is too bad that the old cowboy heroes are obsolete. We could use a few positive role models in our society these days. With a white hat and a white horse you could always tell who the good guys were. Where are Roy Rogers and Gene Autry when we need them?   

Digital Comic Museum

The Cisco Kid
« on: March 09, 2013, 07:36:16 AM »

Offline movielover

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Re: The Cisco Kid
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:59:59 AM »
Well,

Rex Allen, Wild Bill Elliott, Gene Autry (as allowed), and Buck Jones series are all complete. Roy Rogers books are not in the public domain and I have no clue as to the Cisco Kid. Its not becoming available in the public domain, the books that are here have long been in the PD, (actually, nothing will probably enter PD in the US again), it is just having people willing to purchase these character driven western and scan them and edit them. Many are hard to find.

Hope that helps a little.

movielover

Offline thrindle

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 11:01:19 AM »
According to Overstreet price guide, there was only one Cisco Kid comic ever printed, #1.

Offline movielover

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 11:08:29 AM »
The Cisco Kid ran to issue #41, all from Dell

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 01:54:15 PM »
Just to add to movielover's info., Cisco Kid was reprinted in the U.K. and ran for 51 issues from1952 - 1955.  Starting at 36 pages, the count went down to 28 pages per issue but I don't know when the change happened.  They were published by WDL who reprinted loads of Dell comics.  There were also 3 Cisco Kid Comic Albums, also published by WDL collecting stories from the regular comics and I believe they appeared annually up to 1955?
Many Cisco Kid comics and other Dell westerns were reprinted in Spanish for the S. American market.
Stephen Montgomery