- +

Author Topic: CW's Legends of Tomorrow trailer  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
CW's Legends of Tomorrow trailer
« on: November 24, 2015, 02:00:08 PM »
I just watched a trailer for a new CW Arrow/Flash spin-off I'd never heard of before this.
I had no idea CW was this invested in the DC universe.

You can see a very impressive trailer here -
http://tinyurl.com/pmupocf

Rip Hunter in a tv show?  Wow.  Never saw that coming.  I actually collected the Pat Broadrick Firestorm comics for a while in the 80s.  Brave of them to use Hawkman and Girl again after the lame version not long ago in Smallville.  Spectre would be one I'd have wanted.  Capt. Cold?!?  Really??  White Canary?  What was wrong with using the Black Canary name?  Vandal Savage is the villain!  Sweet.  I wonder if this is based on any specific comic series or story?  I haven't touched a DC book since the JSA books of the 90s.

The shows starts Jan 21 after a Arrow/Flash crossover lead in.  Neither of those shows has impressed me but I'm going to give this one a good look.

-Yoc

Digital Comic Museum

CW's Legends of Tomorrow trailer
« on: November 24, 2015, 02:00:08 PM »

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: CW's Legends of Tomorrow trailer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 07:53:28 PM »
Whole new worlds to enjoy. Comic book characters are money makers. Good news for us viewers. Thanks for the post Yoc.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline SuperScrounge

• VIP
  • DCM Member
    • The KAMics
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:18:11 PM »
I had no idea CW was this invested in the DC universe.

Arrow & Flash have been very good for them.

Spectre would be one I'd have wanted.

NBC's Constantine was building up to use him, but I think we only got a vision of him around Jim Corrigan who appeared in a couple of eps.

Although Arrow did have Constantine guest on an ep, so...

Capt. Cold?!?  Really??

I've never understood why screenwriters love the idea of using villains as heroes.

White Canary?  What was wrong with using the Black Canary name?

Because Laurel is using the name over on Arrow.

Offline KevinPBreen

• DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 05:53:14 PM »
I'm really excited about the shows. We can't call them the CW universe, though, because John Constantine is part of it, and Supergirl is rumored to cross over next spring, and neither show was CW. The term they use seems to be Arrowverse. It is seperate from the movies, thank Grodd. I gave up on them because I don't want an armored Batman who does most of his fighting from inside armored vehicles, a Superman who was raised to put his secret first over saving lives and who kills, or a Wonder Woman with a sword. The Arrowverse has the heroic and hopeful feeling of the best of the Silver Age comics. There was a scene where Supergirl faced down armed robbers without her powers that really emphasized this. Also, on that show they stated that Superman does not kill. Arrow started out using lethal arrows but went to trick arrows at the end of season 1 and changed his hero-name to Green Arrow at the start of season 2. It also showed that these characters are heroes because it's the right thing to do; a lot of movie heroes these days seem to need selfish reasons, IMHO because producers don't understand that some people are not self-centered. Despite their origins, heroes like Batman and Spider-man were not written as vengeful so much as preventing their tragedies from happening to someone else. Their attempts at scientific explanations can be lame: on Flash they changed history so that one character was never born, yet everyone remembers him and nothing else changed. 

Offline KevinPBreen

• DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 06:22:33 PM »
The Legends of Tomorrow heroine is White Canary because Black Canary is on Green Arrow's team. Spectre was used on Constantine, or at least a police detective named Jim Corrigan was, and when Constantine's psychic partner looked at him she could see that he was dead. Constantine also has a Dr Fate helmet in his hideout. Atom, Black Canary, Speedy and Red Arrow are on Arrow  - and possibly The Guardian and Mr Terrific. Flash has a lot of possible speedsters at least by name: Golden Age Flash, Kid Flash, Jesse Quick and Ms Flash/Hot Pursuit, as well as Vibe. They did a neat scene that mimicked the cover of FLASH 123, "Flash of Two Worlds". Red Tornado and J'onn J'onzz are on Supergirl. Oddly, J'onn was using the alias Hank Heywood instead of John Jones; Hank Heywood is Commander Steel in the comics. Vixen has an animated series (check You Tube) that ties in with the Arrowverse live action shows; Green Arrow, Flash, Vibe and Flash's gf Felicity were all voiced by the original actors in the first episode, and a live action Vixen is said to be in the wings on Arrow or Flash. As I said above, Supergirl is heavily rumored to appear on Arrow/Flash in May. Since the villains of the week on Flash are all from Earth-2, I'd love to see Melissa Benoist play Power Girl! I caught a Ferris Aircraft sign and a friend claims there showed a pilot with the name Jordan on his flight jacket.