developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: SURVEY - what would you say is the most common problem you have using DCM?  (Read 10163 times)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Hi Gang,
I like to think DCM is a superior site.  For content we certainly are and you've got a staff here that cares about what you like and don't like about the site.  We want to be better.

Just lately we've heard about downloads not completing from a member.  And we certainly know many don't seem to get their activation email (use the Contact Us link and let me know) and others have occasional troubles with logging in on the site.  (please keep trying before contacting us, sometimes it takes many tries.   :-[ )

But I'd like to hear from you regular users out there.  What are the most common or annoying problems you have using the site?  I can't guarantee we can fix them but we would like to know what you guys think.  Maybe we can figure something out.

And if you have a suggestion for a feature please let us know.  It was from a bad review on Boing Boing that we got our greatest feature yet - The PREVIEW function!    :D

So what's your beef with DCM?
-Yoc

Digital Comic Museum

Offline Dell4c

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: SURVEY - what would you say is the most common problem you have using DCM?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »
not enough Dells :):):):)

guess who  :-\

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: SURVEY - what would you say is the most common problem you have using DCM?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 12:11:37 AM »
Don't have very much problem with it at all.

Offline lolita1

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
Hi guys, not a problem just me being lazy...... I would love to download more than 1 comic at a time.  Otherwise great site and content. Keep up the good work!

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Hi lolita,
Well, funny you should mention that.  Each year we offer an FTP Access Month for Donations.  Generally it falls in May or June.
To see how it worked last year check out this link.  It will be the same this year.  Just keep an eye on our banner for the announcement that it's running.
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,6780.0.html

-Yoc

Offline SuperScrounge

• VIP
  • DCM Member
    • The KAMics
What about some kind of table of contents drop down?

A few years ago I was reading all the Archie stories in order and Jackpot Comics was annoying since I'd have to click click click through all the pages until I got to the Archie story. I had a similar problem when I was checking The Barker stories to see if a Canadian White had ripped off one of those stories (it had).

So while it's a pie in the sky, probably take a lot of volunteers to fully implement, idea, I think it might be nice if one day someone looking for a specific feature in a specific comic, could just select that story from a dropdown and be taken to that page, without all the clicking they do now.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
It's been talked about but the fast solution when reading a book via the site's PREVIEW feature is to use the Thumbnails view to find the story you want.  Click on the icon that looks like three 'landscape paintings' in the upper right and a drop down of page thumbnails will appear.  Click the right or left arrows to see more thumbnails until you find your story.

Thanks for your input,
-Yoc

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Using the still-wanted books list.  The thing won't open up in Chrome.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Hmm.  But will it open on any other browser you have?  I've let ML and Moose know about the problem.  They are the brains behind this wonderful list.

-Yoc

Offline Snard

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
darkmark,

Please provide a few additional details if you can. What URL are you using to view the list? Does the problem only happen with Chrome, or does it also occur with other browsers? What type of internet connection are you using, and what operating system are you using?  The more details you provide, the better we can assist.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
And you must also have Java Script enabled.  The list does take a while to open for me here.  That green line slowly crawls across the page left to right before it finally appears.

-Yoc

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
I have problems w/ it on Chrome.  It works fine on IE.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
I've asked some other Chrome users and the list works for them DM so I don't think there's anything we can do on our end to help you.
Sorry.

Offline Snard

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
The only thing I would further suggest is to temporarily disable any extensions you have installed for Chrome, and see if the list loads once you've done that. If that fixes it, then re-enable each extension, one at a time, checking to see if the list still loads.

For anyone who might be interested: the list was created using Awesome Table, which provides a filtered and paged view of Google spreadsheet data.

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
The thing is working for me now, which is good.