developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Site Changes: 10th Jan 2013  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
Site Changes: 10th Jan 2013
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:07:37 PM »
Just update to few changes made to the site this week or just gone live

Comic Preview Feature
* Added Comic Quick View feature:
At top and bottom of the comic preview feature are now three boxes. These boxes will allow you to quickly jump to a new comic in the preview feature without having to go back and select a new one. Ideal for quickly having browse round for new comics or if want to read next comic issue.

First box is for publisher, second for comic titles within that publisher and third for comic issues within comic titles. Selecting any of the boxes will auto update contents of box to it's left so give it a try.

* Swipe feature added for iOS devices
Users on iOS devices such as iPads, iPhones and iPods can now swipe left and right to browse next and previous page. It was implemented in the end so swiping left will go next, swiping right will go previous. IT was done this way so it like turning a page in a comic book. This feature might be made optional but that's up to you Apple users. So give us any feedback and it will be improved upon.

* Zip file numbering updated
On top of comic preview when viewing a zip file it use to say Page 0 of 46. It now been fixed to say Page 1 of 47. Note URL in address bar was kept same to stop any links from outside blogs going to wrong page.

Forum Changes:
* News and Announcements change from Read Only to Replies Only
Noticed that if we made any posts here users were unable to reply with any feedback so have updated this so you can give us any feedback on announces / updates / news we announce.

E-Mail Server:
Noticed and fixed issues with our mail server's IP address where it was being rejected by some large e-mail providers. Have fixed this and less e-mails should now be rejected making registration easier.

Donation Handling:
We have never been 100% happy with fully automated way our donation script works. Some users who donate to the site don't show up on the wall of fame (donate page). Behind the scenes we have changed the handling of donations so each donation received is checked fully by two of the admin team so no one can fall between the gaps and not get the credit they deserve.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:45:43 PM by Yoc »

Digital Comic Museum

Site Changes: 10th Jan 2013
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:07:37 PM »

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
Re: Site Changes: 10th Jan 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:02:04 PM »
Thanks for feedback and ideas. Won't comment too much on some of them as will spoil surprise I have in my plans for next set of updates to it

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 03:54:34 PM »
Looks very nice!

If you click the Full Scree option (left of 'Page 1' at top) do you lose all the stuff at the top of your screen and only see the cover Geo?
Have you tried the new 'swipe' feature for changing pages?

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 10:44:03 PM »
I don't know about the "full screen" thing, but I find that the buttons are a bit on the small size or my fingers are to fat so I hit the wrong button at times. Yes the swipe works pretty good, again it some times gives me a bit of trouble at times, but again it might just be me messing up. And this message was done on the iPad- Mini. Which I can type pretty much as fast as I do on my laptop.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 11:02:44 AM »
I don't know about the "full screen" thing, but I find that the buttons are a bit on the small size or my fingers are to fat so I hit the wrong button at times. Yes the swipe works pretty good, again it some times gives me a bit of trouble at times, but again it might just be me messing up. And this message was done on the iPad- Mini. Which I can type pretty much as fast as I do on my laptop.

Geo

What times do you have issues? I find only time I have issue using my iPad is if I resize the comic to zoom in and at times the site detects my resize as a left swipe but this mainly do to my lazy way of resizing so two fingers don't touch screen at same time. I did think about making swipe optional via settings page so could turn it on if want to use it etc

As for full screen it doesn't really work anymore. It mainly only works on PC / mac where it opens comic in new window with reduced toolbar, status bar etc but no way to auto go fullsize like browser in full screen looks like.

I have a iPad these days so now I have a tablet I can see what size looks like and behaves like so expect few newer additions / features / guides over next few weeks which will mainly focus on tablet readers to make the comic preview loads better and mean you won't need to use any iPad apps to view our comics.... since why would you when we have our own amazing viewer which in our website.... lol