- +

Author Topic: Phantom Lady Archive v1 - Final Update and v2 - The Fox Years now up!  (Read 2461 times)

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/images/DCM banner06 -PLad-NewYrMssg.gif

Hey Gang -
It's finally done and ready to be shared.  Now up on the site!

I hope everyone takes a look at this one.  A huge job by Phabox and myself that I'm sure he would have really enjoyed seeing.
Sadly he passed away in July so that's why it's dedicated to his memory.

Up tonight is the Final Update of the Quality Years v1.2 (complete archive in pts 1+2)
A v1.2 Updates Pages Only will be added to DCM later but if you have v1.1 or 1.0 you can find the Updates Only MEDIAFIRE LINK in each of the full 1.2 upload listings.

Also debuting tonight is the Fox Years - an even more ambitious volume where I helped Nigel with the writing doing the DC vs FOX feature.  This will the last of the PL Volumes.  We never got into the planned third volume so this is it.

Enjoy everyone!!
-Yoc

Digital Comic Museum

Offline Poztron

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Phantom Lady Archive v1 - Final Update and v2 - The Fox Years now up!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
Yoc, you rock! Very nice work. I wish that correcting like this on PL #19 could be down on a lot of GA comics. I wonder if someone could devise a Photoshop filter (or add-on) that would break-down off-register comics scans into CYMK channels, where one could then move copies of those channels into true registration with each other. Or was something like that how you did it?

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 07:56:05 PM »
Thanks very much P!
You know I asked the same question of JVJ who knows his way around PShop better than anyone I know.
He said no such filter or add-on existed that he knew of.  I had to manually do every page using the wand highlight tool and the clone tool to match the colour.

I should have added Ken Quatro's blog was a huge help on the DC vs FOX feature and he deserves all the credit for debuting the long lost court transcripts.
-Yoc

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 01:22:44 PM »
Speaking of shameless promotions... enjoy our new banner for the next few days.

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 06:42:14 PM »
It's looking great Yoc, I like.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline bminor

• Keeper of the Comics
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Brian and Rebecca Minor Watercolors
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »
Yoc and crew,
As always you guys do a swell job here for all of us members at DCM.

Hurrah!

Hurrah!

Hurrah!

B.

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 07:43:18 AM »
Now where is that blushing smilie?
Thanks very much B.  We do it for members such as yourself that appreciate the gold in goldenage comics and those that want to preserve them for reading, not stuff them in plastic coffins.
Thanks to all the scanners out there that continue to make DCM the place to go for new scans to read.
:)

Offline Poztron

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »
I can't begin to quantify how much pleasure this site has brought me over the past few years. It has really been an education in just how many GA comic books there were and how many publishers there were  that I was previously unaware of. Add to that the artists who I'd previously been unaware of or barely aware of (M. Whitman, John Celardo, Fuje/Fuji, M. Gutwirth, W & R Palais, W. Johnson, Fred Kida, Chas. Voight, and Mo Gollub, just to name a few). Sure, I'd read about some of them in Alter Ego, with B&W reproductions of some panels or reduced-size pages, but there's nothing like full color comics, especially when you can blow the pages up to really see the art. A very Happy New Year to everyone here!

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »
It looks amazing, Yoc!  I'm particularly impressed with your work on the #19, since I'm the source of two of the three sets of scans used on that and all 3 copies had horrible registration!

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 08:33:32 PM »
Hi Eric,
Very, very sorry to have not given you a full credit for the PL19.  I do in the file name of the jpgs but that's not enough.  On the cover plate I should have used two lines and given you your due credit below the line about fixing the registration.  You, Archiver_USA and JVJ were godsends for completing the needed scans to finish the volume.

And yes, I ended up redoing the entire comic twice.  My previous fix from a couple years ago was now offensive to my eyes and it was better to just start from scratch.

If you wanted to share your second raw scan of the book feel free.  I appreciate your holding them back so long for the cause.  Take care,
-Yoc

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 09:34:39 PM »
Actually, my second raw scan is the one that's been shared!  It's in one of the Fox Giants I posted.  My first scan is at least in part used on your final copy- the damage on the IFC is quite distinct.  I'm not sure I still have my original scans on my first raw copy, I wasn't saving them consistently back then.

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Phantom Lady Archive v2 - The Fox Years MISSING PAGE LINK HERE
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 02:30:53 PM »
Hi Gang,
Sorry about this but I've just learned that the last page of the Red Rain story from PL15 was left out of the collection. It's now added into the Pt 1 file!

For those that just want that missing page to add into their file use this link -
CLICK HERE ->http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1092/095pl015a.jpg

Very sorry for the slip up!

-Yoc