developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Blackhawk 18  (Read 1788 times)

Offline plasticman6

• DCM Member
Blackhawk 18
« on: December 27, 2012, 10:12:45 AM »
Hi,
I've begun to de-yellow scans that need it. (These are scans where the excessive yellow is due to the scanning only...not the age of the comic) In photoshop I convert the file to CMYK and then I use levels to lessen the intensity of the yellow channel. Then I convert back to RGB and rezip it. I think they're much more pleasant to look at.
I've uploaded my first one: Blackhawk 18. I'll be uploading more as I do them unless I hear from you guys to not upload any more.

Digital Comic Museum

Blackhawk 18
« on: December 27, 2012, 10:12:45 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Blackhawk 18
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 02:17:35 PM »
Thanks PM.
Thanks, I've added this to the site.  Nice job on the edit.

There are apps like the CDisplay viewer for PC's that will adjust the yellow level of files as you read them.

Feel free to add your edits if you'd like to.
-Yoc

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
Though do keep in mind that a large number of readers prefer to keep the yellow.  There are a few issues, like contrast on a backlit screen being less pleasant than on paper, the possibility of throwing other aspects of the scan out of balance, and losing the "immediateness" of the raw scan.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 03:41:32 PM »
True enough.  Several members have voted they like a scan as close to 'as-is' as possible.
I too can think of some school bus yellow scans that thankfully my CDisplay settings can correct.

Offline plasticman6

• DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 11:54:29 AM »
I'm not saying the original scan should be deleted! The original will always have more "information" than an adjusted file. I'm making these for me and uploading them if there is anyone else that might enjoy them.  ;)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 06:16:39 PM »
oh no fear, we aren't removing any original scans.  Just suggesting you pick only the worst examples as software does correct the majority of the scans on the site.