General Category > Artist Spotting

I Could Use a Primer on Certain Quality Artists

<< < (2/2)

Bob Hughes:
Mac Raboy never worked for Quality. You'll notice there's no sample there.  I just haven't decided whether to just remove him from the list- or put in an explanation as to why it's just a myth.
So many artists so little time.

Not sure how Tuska was placed there.  Probably based on Bails' interviews and artist contacts.
George's pre- crime comics work doesn't look much like his later stuff.  All your other artists have signed things from time to time.  I try to go back to signed samples when ever possible to make comparisons.  Having a large enough monitor to run several pages at one time is really helpful.  I have no idea how people did this when they had to flip pages of disintegrating comics constantly.
Jerry Bails used some trick he discovered with a fax machine back in the sixties to create black and white line drawings. No idea how that worked- but I'm sure it helped him a lot.

Mr. Izaj:
 If Mac Raboy did do a few Kid Eternity stories, I wouldn't be surprised if Ed Herron - who was writing scripts for various Quality strips at the time - had something to do with it. Up until 1942, Ed Herron was Mac Raboy's editor at Fawcett and - according to James Steranko - Raboy did much of his best work at Fawcett under Herron's guidance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version