Help and Support > Feedback and Suggestions

Read .cbz Files on Barnes & Noble Nook Color

(1/4) > >>

bert810:
If comics are posted in .cbz format they can be read on the Nook Color electronic reader.  I have been reading only these because .cbr files do not open even if I changed them to a .cbz.  Sure would like to see comics that are currently in the .cbr format be re-uploaded directly in a .cbz format.  

Yoc:
Bert,
if you have an app that can extract RAR files you can rename a CBR files and remake them as a ZIP file, rename and read as CBZ.
It's not hard to do if you have the apps.

John C:
Also, depending on what "app" you're using to read the comics, it may be possible to install the unrar-ing library and have it working.  Most dedicated comic readers should also have the library included, if you're using something else.

I don't know the specifics of the Nook, though, just working off of "it's basically Android."

bert810:
I appreciate your comments regarding the use of an "app."  The Nook Color right out of the box supports a wide variety of file types including .cbz.  When you download/transfer this type of file into the Nook Color you do not have to do anything, just open, read and enjoy.  I looked and don't think Barnes & Noble has an app that works on the Nook Color like you describe.  When I use an app on my Mac computer to convert from .cbr to a .zip then to .cbz and then transfer the changed file to the Nook Color, it doesn't open.  By the way, not all comics uploaded to DCM as .zip files, changed to .cbz and then transferred to the Nook Color open.  That's strange.  I really appreciate all who upload in .cbz format.     

Snard:

--- Quote from: bert810 on April 26, 2012, 07:15:19 AM ---I appreciate your comments regarding the use of an "app."  The Nook Color right out of the box supports a wide variety of file types including .cbz.  When you download/transfer this type of file into the Nook Color you do not have to do anything, just open, read and enjoy.  I looked and don't think Barnes & Noble has an app that works on the Nook Color like you describe.  When I use an app on my Mac computer to convert from .cbr to a .zip then to .cbz and then transfer the changed file to the Nook Color, it doesn't open.  By the way, not all comics uploaded to DCM as .zip files, changed to .cbz and then transferred to the Nook Color open.  That's strange.  I really appreciate all who upload in .cbz format.     

--- End quote ---
I have a few theories as to why this doesn't work on all .cbz files, which I can test if you can provide a few example books that do & don't open. Namely, some people create archives that have a top-level folder inside the archive, with the images located in that folder, while others (including myself) create archives with the image files at the "root" level. Does that make sense?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version