General Category > General Discussion

International Comics topic

<< < (14/14)

vaillant:
Anyway, I have to do it, and working on these for you it’s the excuse I need to get started…
Plus, I’m sure you’ll love them, and it’s my intention to pass on to the other few war-themed Pippo stories by Jacovitti (1945-1949), which shows a rapidly evolving, almost mature style, and should be enjoyable for JVJ and Tilliban as well… ;)

tilliban:
Alway curios to see something by Jacovitti!
 :D

narfstar:
Here is a question for any of this wise bunch. Did we have any intellectual rights agreements with the former USSR? Did they have such a thing as copyright under communism? Then the big question, is the work produced in a former Soviet block country during that time period, legal to print (put online) in the USA?

John C:

--- Quote from: narfstar on August 06, 2012, 11:40:08 AM ---Here is a question for any of this wise bunch. Did we have any intellectual rights agreements with the former USSR? Did they have such a thing as copyright under communism? Then the big question, is the work produced in a former Soviet block country during that time period, legal to print (put online) in the USA?

--- End quote ---

As I recall (there's a LOT of great stuff published in the Soviet Union, though I wasn't aware of comics), the situation was...bizarre.  You might want to double-check this, but my recollection is that the government claimed perpetual copyright over everything and we didn't have any sort of relationship.

However, by treaty, all copyrights are considered published from some absurdly-recent date and granted back to the authors, and those we do support.

Again, double-check that, but that's what I remember from a diabolical plot involving science fiction novels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version