- +

Author Topic: What is the number 1 most wanted comic that DCM does not have?  (Read 7145 times)

Offline talia374

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: What is the number 1 most wanted comic that DCM does not have?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 07:50:38 AM »
Hopefully we can get Mad Hatter from another source, but my $20 pledge still stands for the next gem, and will contribute all possible for other purchases in the future.
I would love to see this effort expand.

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 07:50:38 AM »

Offline Henry Peters

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 08:13:10 AM »
MH#1 confirmed.  Look for it shortly.  As for ideas, how about Cannonball #1?  My notes say there is Dan Gordon art in it, but it is probably just a one page filler.  The cheapest copy I've seen is around $100, which is more than I felt the desire to spend on it. 

And just a word of caution:  We tried the "group buy" concept several times in the ABPC days.  We found it was much easier to say "we'll scan and sell it" than it is to actually do it.  Once you have a book in your hands, it's hard to let go.

Offline talia374

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 08:50:25 AM »
I think we can all trust narfstar to do what's right....Full speed ahead!!

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
I think we have proven we can send JVJ's books back. And I had what I think are the best ones in my hands including Mad Hatter 2 and his Centaur books.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 07:44:15 PM »
Cannonball 1 found for $60 plus shipping. Is it a go with the group to split the cost?
http://www.metropoliscomics.com/bookSearch.php?searchType=advanced&title=cannonball&issue=&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=Search

Ger Apeldoorn

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 11:36:41 PM »
In my efforts to map the doings of Mort Meskin around 1948/1950 I would love to have a look at The Westerner #19, which is cited to have a story by him, but falls richt in the middle of that period. So it is either a misattribution, a late leftover or his earliest reappearance after his illness. Sadly, it never shows up on ebay.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 04:39:38 AM »
Metropolis has one in fine shape for $17.50 not a bad price for condition.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 06:43:24 AM »
Ger JVJ has Westerner 19 so it will be coming. I am sure you can ask him and he will check for Meskin and can recognize him.
BTW I am ordering Cannonball. If anyone wants to contribute to this book, since MadHatter 1 is coming :) then you can Paypal
jimludwig@bellsouth.net and I will put the book back up for sale after scanning. It will likely be at a loss as is the nature of the game but it is being able to scan the we are contributing. I am reluctant to spend $60 on a book just to scan but if we share the cost it does not hurt as badly. And I did just spend over $200 on a big stack of books just to scan. I guess it is a matter of bang for the buck one issue verses many but then what issues are we talking about.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 08:40:30 AM »
A series that I would like to see complete is Bang-UP we have my copy of #1 but need 2 and 3 we can get 2 for $90
http://www.goldenagecomics.com/searchresults.asp?strtofind=bang&cmdSearch=Search

Also need Superworld 1

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »
BTW I am ordering Cannonball. If anyone wants to contribute to this book, since MadHatter 1 is coming :) then you can Paypal
jimludwig@bellsouth.net and I will put the book back up for sale after scanning. It will likely be at a loss as is the nature of the game but it is being able to scan the we are contributing. I am reluctant to spend $60 on a book just to scan but if we share the cost it does not hurt as badly.

There is no good reason you should sell Cannonball # 1 for less than $60.  The book is rare enough (none currently on eBay) that you could actually ask for & get more on eBay (Fixed Price for around $70).

Offline talia374

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 10:24:28 AM »
narfstar-I just sent $20.00 to your Paypal account to support your efforts for bringing great comics to DCM that might otherwise never be seen.

I hope that others will join in this effort, even if just for a couple of dollars.

BEST,

talia374

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »
Thanks Nobby and Talia !!!
I am ordering Cannonball and in the process of seeing what else Metropolis has to offer

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 08:38:03 PM »
I've gotten some very good books off Metropolis; including several Targets, a few Phantom Lady appearances, and two of the three complete issues of Peter Wheat News I have.  I would warn to be careful if grabbing something low grade from them, though- they sometimes but not always mention damage that brings down the grade. 

That's just a heads up, though:  like I said, I've bought a lot of books from them, including quite a few three-figure ones, and have been quite happy.  Just be ready on some of them if the price is low.

Ger Apeldoorn

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 06:02:54 AM »
Ger JVJ has Westerner 19 so it will be coming. I am sure you can ask him and he will check for Meskin and can recognize him.

Yeah, he told me it is even signed. I am curious if I can determine when it was drawn...

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »
Oh, and to answer the question the thread asks:  My #1 most wanted these days would be Target Comic V1 N7.  
The Spacehawk cover puts it in the rare & expensive category...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:05:01 PM by Yoc »