- +

Author Topic: Can You Send Comic Books to be Scanned?  (Read 2504 times)

Offline msc

• DCM Member
Can You Send Comic Books to be Scanned?
« on: November 07, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »
I looked in FAQ and didn't see this addressed. Not sure I have the patience, skills or the time to do scanning myself but wonder if anyone is available to scan books not currently on DCM. For example, I would be willing to pay postage to send comic books to a designated person and donate sufficient money to have them sent back after being scanned. Is this even an option? And if it is an option, does it depend on the desirability of the titles being offered to be scanned?
Mark

Digital Comic Museum

Can You Send Comic Books to be Scanned?
« on: November 07, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Can You Send Comic Books to be Scanned?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »
Hi msc,
This isn't a common question but there have been some instances of this in the past.  Both comics and fiche.  My first scans were made from Chris Wallace books he sent me back in 2008.  If you'd like to start a topic with a subject along the lines of 'Volunteer Scanner Needed" and include a list of the books you are willing to share another member of the site might step forward.  This is exactly how the JVJ Project was started three years ago and it's still going today!

-Yoc

Offline srca1941

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
If you scan them yourself, or send books out to others, thanks for sharing! I'd love to volunteer to help scan, but I already have more books in my own collection than I am able to scan right now.

-Eric

Offline msc

• DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 09:21:30 PM »
Thanks for the info on how this might be done. It sounds like the next step is to give some thought to which comics I'd feel comfortable sending to someone.