developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: STRONG MAN ARCHIVES  (Read 1858 times)

Offline KevinP

• VIP
  • DCM Member
STRONG MAN ARCHIVES
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:05:27 PM »
I had three favorite comics as a kid, before the DC Showcase/Flash revival and the beginning of the Marvel Age:  Dell's TUROK SON OF STONE, and ME's STRONG MAN and JET POWER.  The latter two were both drawn by one of the Fifties' greatest comics artists, Bob Powell.  I've uploaded the four issue run of STRONG MAN in one file and left the ads in because a lot of them had to do with strength and body building.  I'll archive JET next (without the ads).  I would like to do a complete run of Powell's work, but I don't know if I have it all.  If so I'll probably do CAVE GIRL next and then BOBBY BENSON.  STRAIGHT ARROW and RED HAWK may be a problem as both characters had so many appearances in several ME titles.  As usual I've included a short article on why I loved STRONG MAN comics.  Enjoy!
"Stories are signposts to help the world choose between the darkness and the light." ~Arago

Digital Comic Museum

STRONG MAN ARCHIVES
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:05:27 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: STRONG MAN ARCHIVES
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:32:16 PM »
Hi Moon,
I'm not seeing where you uploaded this.
I checked both the site and the FTP.

-Yoc

Offline KevinP

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 10:24:09 PM »
Tried again, did you get it?  ~ Kevin
"Stories are signposts to help the world choose between the darkness and the light." ~Arago

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:54:15 PM »
Now up, thanks Moon!
:D

Offline jfglade

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 12:57:48 PM »
Thanks, Kevin. I enjoy Strong Man and your anthology means I'll be able to read an issue I haven't yet seen. I did read an issue of two of 'Strong Man' back when they were new and I was in elementary  school but I missed 'Jet Powers' entirely back in the day. I look forward to your Jet Powers anthology because I know there is at least one issue I haven't read.

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 05:23:50 PM »
Incidentally, you have to love a story that hinges on the possibility of confusing paramilitary-dressed ginger dwarfs.

Sadly, not a spoiler.