DCM Download Site > New Uploads

tilliban and the German collectors uploads

<< < (2/285) > >>

Yoc:
Yep, T knows how to tease for sure!
That list has me drooling here.  ;)

Welcome T and we certainly agree with your opinions on scanning.
Without those like you - most of our collection here would be lost forever.

-Yoc

rangerhouse:
Welcome and thanks for sharing with us.

rangerhouse

josemas:
Looking forward to more pre-code horrors in the months ahead.

Thanks

Joe

tilliban:
It's not like I would tease you on evil purpose.
But I'll be off to summer holidays to Spain tomorrow.
Furthermore I do not own a scanner!
Shame.
I have to ask a friend of mine to share his office for a few hours. Hope to work some sessions in mid-August.
Then I have to rework the scans with a MICROSOFT OFFICE PICTURE MANAGER (yuck!) software.
No PHOTOSHOP for me, o no.
That's why I can only choose file sizes of 400 K or 4.000 K per page.
I'll settle for the small size - they come out nicely in your (by the way) FANTASTIC "Preview"-Viewer.
How'd'you do that?!
Did you programm the thing or is it some readymade feature everyone could get?

Just gettin' the facts, ma'm...

See you next month!

Yoc:
Darn shame you have to rely on that software T.  Oh well...
BTW - you might consider scanning at the larger size and resaving them smaller using free software like the one I recommend - IRFANVIEW.  http://www.irfanview.com/
You can set it up to resave a file at a smaller size under advance settings and it will do batches of scans if you have them all in a single folder.  Just remember to do a backup of all your original jpgs first so you can try different settings and not worry about losing your originals.  Also - it's never a good idea to resave a jpg more than once.  I suggest do some tests, figure out your settings and then apply them to your files so you resize and save each only once.  If you'd like some more pointers you know my email address.
Doing this you could have your larger original scans saved for possible future use and still share a smaller version here in DCM.
Just a suggestion - your current scans are fine for viewing but it sounded like your software was limiting you more than you wanted or needed to have.

Thanks again and have fun on your holidays!
-Yoc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version