DCM Download Site > What you can upload

Any plans for a Phantasmo collection?

<< < (3/3)

Yoc:
Thanks very much for the kind words John.  Phabox and I put a lot work into the collections.  I'm sure he'll appreciate the sentiments as well.  In the case of v2, we've probably being overly ambitious.

I'd like to see more artist based collections but then you'd need someone like JVJ to verify the contents as well.

John C:
The problem with artist-based collections (and I'm including writers, too) is that it's hard to know that it's ever complete, and it's also hard to know where to draw the line.  Does it count if he inked over someone else, for example?  What if someone known as an artist wrote something else?

It's a fun idea, but I can imagine it being so much more work that it's an idea probably better suited for a website.

(Actually, that brings up a problem I do have with the archives:  Indexing is murder on the comic readers.  Since there's no structure to the file and no standard metadata, finding one story in a big file is quite an adventure!  It's not a huge deal, but something worth thinking about in the distant future.)

Yoc:
Good points John.
With Phabox and myself we include a table of contents.  Using CDisplay you can jump to specific 'pages' by hitting "SHIFT-P"

Perhaps the archives/collections do work best for specific characters.  For artists I agree it might be more a headache than expected with disputes and missing material always a danger.  But it might work if you narrowed the field by say doing something like say 'HG Peter at Dell/Eastern' or 'Meskin at Nedor or Prize' that would be worth the effort.  If only we had complete collections of course.

-Yoc

John C:
Oh, I know, most software has a way to get to a page.  It just seems like, by this point, someone writing a comic reader would've added the ability to read a table of contents and release the format and sample code as public domain.  Y'know, include it in the comic or don't, put it in the software or don't, but things are better when everybody plays nice.

That'd make life so much easier for these things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version