- +

Author Topic: Can I Request Comics?  (Read 22041 times)

Offline eerie10

• DCM Member
Can I Request Comics?
« on: November 03, 2011, 12:49:47 PM »
Can we request certain comics?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:39:04 PM by Yoc »

Digital Comic Museum

Can I Request Comics?
« on: November 03, 2011, 12:49:47 PM »

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
Re: Request Comics?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 01:04:03 PM »
The comics listed on our website are in the public domain and are copyright free. If a comic falls under these conditions yes you can request it BUT comics not listed on our site are either not scanned yet or their copyright free is questionable and requires research.

Offline eerie10

• DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 01:16:12 PM »
Here's another question:

Where in this forum can I go to request certain comics... if there isn't a thread for comic requests?

Offline jfglade

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 01:42:23 PM »
It might be faster to just ask you what you are looking for. You won't be able to have a request granted for books that aren't in the public domain, which essentially means no DC, no Timely/Marvel, no Disney, no Tarzan, no Shadow comics, and nothing printed after 1959. There are other things that aren't in the public domain either, but they would be likely be case for case.

Offline eerie10

• DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 03:30:15 PM »
I know that.

But I'm just asking where, in this forum, canI to find sub-forum thread to request comic book issues?

I know that the Golden Age Comics has a request forum: 
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,2.0.html

But does this forum have one? And if so, where?

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member

Offline eerie10

• DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »
Thank you. :)

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 05:18:37 PM »
As a follow-on:

Can I Get a Scan of a Specific Comic?

Maybe.

We only host comics scanned by others, so we have no control over what get scanned when.  The scanners are also not often formally organized and many have no direct contact with us.

You can make a request in the forums, but don't be surprised if you get no response.  It's nothing personal, just more efficient than every single person in the world to tell you that they're unable to help you individually.  That's also the most common response, as well, since very few scanners are sitting on books just in case someone asks for them.

If you're in absolute need of a specific issue that hasn't yet been scanned and you're on a deadline, your best bet is probably honestly going to be to buy the original comic and scan it on your own.  If you do, don't feel obligated, but we'd love to host a copy of the scan when it's ready.

Good luck!

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
As another follow up -

Posting links to a specific comic on eBay, etc and asking someone to buy and scan it is not cool.

If you really, really, REALLY want to see a specific book scanned that you found for sale on a site please - buy it yourself and offer it here to one of the resident scanners to scan for you if you can't scan it on your own.

-Yoc
DCM admin