- +

Author Topic: New Donation System - Please read!  (Read 31078 times)

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
New Donation System - Please read!
« on: May 19, 2011, 06:31:44 AM »
Hi all.

Just to let you all know we have changed the donation system slightly. The donations are now handled via the forum. Upon visiting the donation page you are able to donate set amounts or other and upon donating your account auto gets VIP status upon paypal confirmation.

The donation page will also show the amount required for the bills for the month to show you how much we are away from our currently target.  Our monthly goal is now $238 for sever costs.

All donations will be listed on this page as a thank you but this is optional and up to the user if they want to be thanked.

To make a donation please click on this link: DONATE to DCM

The backend for admin users has also changed. In the past 1 of the admin team was in charge of donations, it has now been opened up so all admin can see how much is in the paypal account and a daily log book of incoming and outgoing expenses. DCM has always been run as a not for profit website and all money goes back into projects or server bills etc and also allows maybe in future for staff to post monthly/yearly budgets to show users/VIPs where the money has been spent.

If you have any questions about any of this please be sure to post a reply or let us know.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:41:37 PM by Yoc »

Digital Comic Museum

New Donation System - Please read!
« on: May 19, 2011, 06:31:44 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: New Donation System
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:36:13 AM »
Thanks for installing this Capt!
And I hope our membership will please consider any small donation towards helping with our monthly server bill.  Any amount will help and we certainly appreciate it.

Donators will be given a VIP status upgrade with a guarantee that they will never have a download limit placed on them in the future if we should have to install one.

-Yoc

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
Re: New Donation System - Please read!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 10:43:12 AM »
Just to update to inform all users. I have added a new piece of code to the website which at fixed amounts of bandwidth usage will display a small pop-up asking you to help support us if you are able to.

This is just a small overlay which can be quickly dismissed if you are unable to help support us.

This pop-up will occur only once every time you hit one of the milestones. The milestones currently stand at: 1GB, 2GB, 5GB 10GB, etc etc up in 5GB increments.

VIP's will not see these messages as they have been disabled for you as a thank you for already donating.

Just a reminder as well DCM is run like a not for profit organization. All money received is put back into the site to pay for server / bandwidth bills, to invest in new equipment, faster connections and new features.

Thanks for listening.

Captain DJ
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:52:24 PM by Yoc »

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:47:02 AM »
Now and again we get a donation which has a comment which I only get to see. I have decided to list these comments so they can be seen by all.

Yoc & Crew -- Happy Anniversary! DCM is a true treasure and the love and dedication you show for it is noted. All the best. Chris aka Boox909

What can I say? DCM is the best! Thanks for so many hours of fun. clarkkent54321

realized just how much i've downloaded and enjoyed from the site - thanks for all your efforts - chasman

more to come soon

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 08:54:35 AM »
Thanks for sharing them Capt.  And thanks to Boox, Clark and Chas for the nice comments.
:)

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 03:20:17 PM »
Just head up guys. Some donations are not auto sent back to site when they are processed so might not appear on the site straight away. Do not panic as they will be added to site once they have been manually added. If you are unsure if we got the payment just let us know in the forum or click on this Contact Us link.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:39:40 PM by Yoc »

Offline DaemonScriptoris

• DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 10:38:03 AM »
Hi, DCM!

I just tried making a donation for you via PayPal, but it turned out more troublesome than I had expected.

So, to make a long story short, I'd like to know if a donation can only be made via the PayPal-option?

Isn't there some other way for you to receive it?
I'd really like to help support this great site.

best
D.S.

Ps, sorry if this question is in the wrong thread. I'm quite new at the forum.

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 10:42:03 AM »
At the moment we only accept donations via Paypal since our server costs etc are all paid via Paypal so less hassle for us if we just use it.

If you wish to suggest other ways we can accept donations your more than welcome to and we will then look into it and see if it worth accepting.

Thanks,
CaptainDJ

Offline captain bat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 06:19:34 PM »
Thank you for making this happen,I'm happy to have donated,and the FTP access is a cool thing as a reward. I think it should be used as an incentive for more to donate to the museum every month,I know I would set money aside for this purpose!   :)
Enjoy life NOW! It has an expiration date!

Offline captinmax

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 06:06:01 AM »
Donated yesterday, no problem with paypal dead easy.

Didn't get an email with FTP login details though.

Any ways real good stuff. :)

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 06:28:53 AM »
Donated yesterday, no problem with paypal dead easy.

Didn't get an email with FTP login details though.

Any ways real good stuff. :)

I have resent your FTP details, please check your e-mail and any problem drop me an e-mail at: admins@digitalcomicmuseum.com