- +

Author Topic: Thor movie, reviews, thoughts and comments...  (Read 1225 times)

Offline bminor

• Keeper of the Comics
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Brian and Rebecca Minor Watercolors
Thor movie, reviews, thoughts and comments...
« on: May 07, 2011, 06:52:12 AM »
Just viewed the Thor movie on opening day with my three boys in 3-D.

I think that Jack Kirby is smiling down upon Midgard.

The cast is well chosen and does a great job channeling all the characters.
Hemsworth portrays Thor just right, brash, young and headstrong and maturing throughout the film, Anthony Hopkins as the all father, Odin, carries off fine performance.    Tom Hiddleston as Loki the trickster also very good, and Natalie Portman as Jane Foster.

What made the movie work is the interplay of the three main characters. Odin, Thor and Loki, they are a family. Like all families they have problems. Through the course of the film, the interplay of the family members ultimately is what makes the film work. You end up caring about them.
These days too many films are made with wonderful special effects, but no real story or no real heart.
This film has all three, a wonderful story with heart and fantastic effects that showcase the Thunder God and Asgard in all their glory.
The director Kenneth Branagh did a great job, he is said that the story reminded him of Shakespeare.

Make sure you stay 'till all the credits have rolled, you will not be disappointed.
When I saw what I saw and the very end... well let us just say this. It They have set up an excellent premise for for the Avengers to Assemble for the first time. It also reminds me of Captain America and the Red Skull. I can only wonder what the little teaser will be at the end of the Captain America movie.
It all reminded me somewhat of Avengers #1.

Versouth!!! I have said enough I must begone to other matters! Let all those who dwell upon Midgard go forth and verily, yeh, verily, take time from thy day and partake of this film. Thou shall not be disappointed!!!

Digital Comic Museum

Thor movie, reviews, thoughts and comments...
« on: May 07, 2011, 06:52:12 AM »