developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: At the DCM staff lunch  (Read 1516 times)

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
At the DCM staff lunch
« on: April 27, 2011, 06:48:13 PM »
As usual, it was just Geo and me.  Yoc just doesn't want to travel thousands of miles for some reason.  :P

I got the scans of the remaining JVJ Targets from Geo; editing should be quick since Geo has already done 2/3 of the work on them even beyond scanning.  This will give us every Target from v2 n12 up, and leave us with only one missing issue from v2.

I loaned Geo one of my recent acquisitions to scan, since it's a book he's wanted to find a copy of for a long time.  You'll see that soon enough, anybody care to guess what it is?

Other than that, we just compared notes on various online dealers and enjoyed visiting with one another. Always fun to get together with like-minded comic fanatics.

Digital Comic Museum

At the DCM staff lunch
« on: April 27, 2011, 06:48:13 PM »

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: At the DCM staff lunch
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »
Yep, we alway feel a little miffed when Yoc doesn't show to our "meeting", I mean he set them up by the way, and then 'no show', hee, hee.

It was great to get together again Eric as always and catch up on the latest. And again thank you for letting me scan those coming books. Everyone, they will knock your socks off, very rare book.

Geo

Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 11:31:48 PM »
Annoyingly a silly boarder also separates us guys.  I don't even own a passport let alone the funds needed for such a trip.
Great to hear you guys had some fun and I already know the book being scanned, there's some Frazetta/Williamson fans that are going to be blown away when it shows!

(too subtle a hint?)  ;)   :D

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 12:04:06 AM »
I actually think that the way you phrased that is potentially slightly misleading...

Only slightly, though.

Offline jfglade

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 06:17:06 PM »
Too subtle a hint for me. I've lost track of who wants what, but I'm sure it's something good.

Offline JonTheScanner

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 10:03:44 PM »
I got the scans of the remaining JVJ Targets from Geo; editing should be quick since Geo has already done 2/3 of the work on them even beyond scanning.  This will give us every Target from v2 n12 up, and leave us with only one missing issue from v2.

Eric, do you mean complete issues?  v5 n4 is Target only and v5 n5 is incomplete as well.

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 10:20:29 PM »
Too subtle a hint for me. I've lost track of who wants what, but I'm sure it's something good.

And it's already scanned, awaiting editing, so it will be showing up soon folks. It will be well worth the wait, I'm still surprised Eric could find it for what he paid, even Al Williamson himself said he didn't know why it was such a hard issue to come by. This is another subtle hint.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 06:17:17 PM »

Eric, do you mean complete issues?  v5 n4 is Target only and v5 n5 is incomplete as well.

Yes; I've got the raw scans for those issues from JVJ/ Geo as well.  The rest should go up this week.  The one exception is the v4 n8, where JVJ's copy is incomplete; I found an inexpensive copy of that one and will get the fills done before I post that.

My notes show that the only thing keeping us from v4 up C2C paper after that will be the IFC of v4 n11, which is about 3/4 complete.  V3 has some slight damage-3 is missing a centerfold, 4 is coverless, 10 is in generally rough shape, and 11 has one page damaged. V2, we don't have 11 at all, I still need to scan 7, and almost half the issues have greater or lesser issues with the inside covers.

Still, overall we'll be in excellent shape on the series other than the v1 once I'm done, and even that is fairly well represented considering the price of those issue.  Right now I'm trying to decide how high I want to bid on the coverless 1/5 that's on eBay this week, for that matter...