developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: HERO Initiative  (Read 8291 times)

Offline Roygbiv666

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Standard Comics
HERO Initiative
« on: March 25, 2011, 11:09:11 AM »
Hoping this doesn't sound too preachy.

I recently became a member of the HERO Initiative:
The Hero Initiative creates a financial safety net for comic creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and an avenue back into paying work. Since inception, the Hero Initiative has been fortunate enough to benefit over 40 creators and their families with over $400,000 worth of much-needed aid, fueled by your contributions! It's a chance for all of us to give back something to the people who have given us so much enjoyment.

We can talk all we want about how much we value the old comics and, presumably, the people who created them, but we can actually do something about it directly. You can become a HERO member for as little as a $30 donation. I would urge anyone who isn't a member to join today and help out those in need.

Plus, you get a neato membership card!! Sadly, my member number is in the mid hundreds - there should be thousands of members.

End of preaching.

Anyway, for more info, check out http://www.heroinitiative.org/

Digital Comic Museum

HERO Initiative
« on: March 25, 2011, 11:09:11 AM »

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: HERO Initiative
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
Nope I don't think so Roy, it's a way to give back to the people that give so much of themselves to us.
I've read so many sad stories about these artists in their later life.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: HERO Initiative
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 11:43:12 AM »
I've made this topic a sticky so it will stay at the top.
Thanks for the post Roy, people need to know there are creators out there that sometimes need a hand.

-Yoc