Help and Support > General Help

best size monitor for viewing comic pages ?

(1/3) > >>

deni:
Recently my Dell Trinitron tube monitor died. So time to upgrade.

Currently trying a 23 inch LG LED monitor.  Love the extra height and larger print but two problems:
            - color is now faded on some comic files which looked normal on my old
              monitor (tried adjusting but didn't correct the problem).

- comic page is slightly distorted horizontally so looks squarer than
              original paper page. (adjusting can't correct the problem)

I don't mind a comic page image being bigger but I prefer the pages undistorted and in the shape of the paper comic books.

Can anyone suggest the optimum size monitor for viewing comic pages?
Will an LCD monitor have better color reproduction than a LED monitor?

Yoc:
A great question I look forward to seeing others opinions.
I too am in the market for a replacement for my old 20+ crt Dell monitor.

-Yoc

builderboy:

--- Quote from: deni on March 15, 2011, 11:57:21 PM ---            - comic page is slightly distorted horizontally so looks squarer than
              original paper page. (adjusting can't correct the problem)

--- End quote ---

Deni, perhaps you don't have the correct driver loaded for your monitor?  Assuming you are running Windows, open up your Display Settings (programs/control panel/display). On the 'Settings' tab, you should see the new monitor listed in the box titled 'Display'.  If not, you need to surf the web to your new monitor's manufacturer and download the driver for your model.

But, if your hardware is listed there, underneath is a control slider titled 'Screen resolution' that has many possible resolutions that are available for your specific monitor.  Some of them will make things look too tall or too wide.  Go through them all, and more than likely, one of them will fit the aspect ratio of your new screen.

builderboy:

--- Quote from: Yoc on March 16, 2011, 12:35:05 AM ---A great question I look forward to seeing others opinions.
I too am in the market for a replacement for my old 20+ crt Dell monitor.

-Yoc

--- End quote ---

Yoc, I can't speak for all of the manufacturers out there, but I do know that, when I shopped for one a couple years ago, I was budget concious.  I ended up with an Acer. At that time, 20" was the good price point, but that has changed since then. The Acer S231HL Black 23" Widescreen LCD is available for $160.  All I can tell you is that it has been a love affair with my monitor since I got it.

Yoc:
Thanks BB.
When I went looking at a retailer I was shocked at how blurry the majority of them looked on close inspection.
Much blurrier than my old crt.  Only the HP model was sharp but it wasn't a nice a price or as good a contrast as some of the other more blurry models.  I was so shocked by it all I walked away empty handed.

-Yoc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version