- +

Author Topic: "Fun Facts" pages in GA comics  (Read 2273 times)

Offline happyhuman

• DCM Member
"Fun Facts" pages in GA comics
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »
Hello everyone,

does anyone know in which GA comic book series I can find pages detailing some fun/interesting/weird facts?

+ I once read a GA 'space adventure' comic which had alongside it's panels some space info/facts. I don't remember what was it name or isue number but I'll would like to read it again. the one thing I remember is some of the "facts" in that comic are now known to be false or incorrect

thank in advance for any help given

Digital Comic Museum

"Fun Facts" pages in GA comics
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »

Offline jfglade

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: "Fun Facts" pages in GA comics
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 09:55:55 PM »
 Sounds like you might mean some of the Julius Schwartz edited DC books like "Strange Adventures," "Mystery in Space," and even books like "Flash" and "Green Lantern."

Back in the fifties a lot of the DC books had crossword puzzles, word puzzles, and so on which I enjoyed a good deal. Naturally, you won't find any DC material here. I do think you will find a bit of that sort of thing in some of the Dell books, a few of the Charltons, and possibly a few titles from Magazine Enterprises, but few example of science oriented material.

Offline happyhuman

• DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »
Well, I found "Marvels Of Science" by Charlton and "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" by Harvey

no space adventure with little facts in the panels yet o an intersting fact page

Offline bcholmes

• VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Under the Beret
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:56:27 AM »
does anyone know in which GA comic book series I can find pages detailing some fun/interesting/weird facts?

There's a page of "fun facts" in Black Terror number 24.

BCing you
I make comics!
"In school, all the other kids laughed at me because I was just a brain in a jar."