DCM Download Site > What you can upload

JohnC's 'How To Check Public Domain Status Tutorial'

<< < (6/6)

jonathangraham:

--- Quote from: John C on May 20, 2015, 03:06:34 PM ---Up until a certain point, the only acceptable phrasings are copyright and the circled-c (it's in one of the circulars on the Copyright Office's main page, I believe), so anything else would be invalid.

--- End quote ---
"Entire contents copyrighted" appears on a few books I was looking at. Comics Calvalcade #10 1945 for example.  I checked the 1945 catalog and didn't see anything but didn't go 23 years further.

--- Quote ---but the courts basically ruled that the details don't always matter.
--- End quote ---
de minimis non curat lex

Mark Warner:
That is fairly irrelevant. Even if it is a valid copyright it would have had to have been renewed after 28 years. So you should be checking renewals in 1973.

jonathangraham:

--- Quote from: MarkWarner on May 20, 2015, 11:23:11 PM ---That is fairly irrelevant. Even if it is a valid copyright it would have had to have been renewed after 28 years. So you should be checking renewals in 1973.

--- End quote ---
The question I'm getting at is: "Is that is proper notice?" If it isn't then doesn't that make it PD?  Does the renewal (which I'm sure is there) mean anything?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version