- +

Author Topic: 2010 Advent Calendar  (Read 3316 times)

Offline remz

• DCM Member
2010 Advent Calendar
« on: December 09, 2010, 05:47:20 PM »
Was I the only one enjoying this marvelous toy?  We're several days behind now, and the links for Dec 4 and Dec 5 direct to GAC, i think, since I couldn't directly download the comic. (Not that it stopped me, of course. Preview still works, and i know how to capture .jpgs from the browser cache.)

Hopefully someone can fix this soon, and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. Surely it will bring smiles to you as it has for me!

Digital Comic Museum

2010 Advent Calendar
« on: December 09, 2010, 05:47:20 PM »

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: 2010 Advent Calendar
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 11:34:41 AM »
I've sent a message out to Captain DJ, (the one who set up the Advent Calendar), and hopefully in a short time he will be able to correct the problem on this.

By the way all the links are for the site here, not GAC, I did check that out. Also I couldn't get anything to come up from the 7th on, all I get when I run the arrow over the number is "description here" and if I click it it just hangs as there's no link to go to, the others before this come up with a link that shows the icon, you can then "view" the file by clicking "Preview/Download" and then can upload it by clicking at the upper right-hand corner "Download Comic Book".

Please hang in there and I'm sure it will be fixed so you and others can enjoy it as each day rolls around. This was our first try at something like this.

Thank you all for your patiences in this matter.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline remz

• DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 03:09:28 PM »
Thanks for calling this to the proper person's attention, Geo.

Just to clarify about the entries for Dec 4 and Dec 5: preview works ... however, if i hit the "Download" button at the upper right, i am directed to an error page with "Sorry you need to log in before you can download", even tho i'm clearly shown as already logged in at the top of the page.

This is the exact same error i used to get whenever i tried to download anything from GAC, which is why i thought maybe the links directed back there.  Sorry for my mis-assumption. :)

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »
Could you give this a try, first going to the download page (DCM download site and be logged in) then
use the link for the Advent page from there and see if that helps on the downloading part on this.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8886/screen1yn.jpg

As you can see the "Advent Calendar" link is right above the categories.

I've myself not run into this problem as I leave myself logged in forever, but understand that others
don't do this due to security concerns.

Would hope this helps a bit on this.

Geo

Offline remz

• DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 09:54:31 AM »
This is what I've been doing, and i tried it again just to be sure.

I can download all the other posted comics from the calendar, or from the site generally, just fine.

It's only for these two particular issues that i get the error, the ones for Dec 04 and Dec 05.

At the risk of a spoiler, these two issues are Dell Four Color, but they aren't listed in the normal Dell section, nor can I locate them using the search function. I was able to get copies of the books because preview for them DOES work, and i just captured the jpgs and zipped them. But I still get the error page whenever I try to directly download them using the "Download Comic Book" button from the preview page.

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »
With your last post I believe I've figured out part of the problem we are having with the calendar. Hopefully that will take care of download part on the 4th and 5th for you.

Geo

Offline remz

• DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 08:27:06 PM »
YES!!  Dec 04 and Dec 05 are now fixed!

Thanks, Geo!

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 10:00:47 PM »
Now if I can get ahold of Captain DJ, hopefully the rest of this can be taken care of now.

Geo