- +

Author Topic: Best heroes/stories for redraw?  (Read 1694 times)

Offline mward

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
    • Mark Ward Art
Best heroes/stories for redraw?
« on: February 15, 2020, 11:54:27 AM »
Looking for pd stories I can turn into art samples.
Inspired by this post from 2016: https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,7056.15.html
What are your favorite characters and stories? I've been reading random books for a few days but got depressed by the jingoism and half-assed scenarios  ::), so kind of looking for the stories that hold up, you know? Preferably superheroes but any genre is cool.
For instance, Daredevil 2 from 1941 with The Whirlwind and Nightro stories might be good choices, but that's just at first glance.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:16:13 PM by mward »

Digital Comic Museum

Best heroes/stories for redraw?
« on: February 15, 2020, 11:54:27 AM »

Offline Crimson-Blue-Green

• VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Sensational Idols
Re: Best heroes/stories for redraw?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 02:14:44 AM »
The Clock (my avatar), Shock Gibson and Cat-Man are three heroes I like.  Sheena, Queen of the Jungle, but her character isn't public domain although her comics are.  Doctor Nemesis, a crime / hero character; some of his stories venture into horror.  The Black Phantom (a woman) and Redmask (a man), two Western heroes who wear masks.  Spy Smasher, a aviator type of hero.  Here's an obscure hero no one but me likes - The Zebra (from Green Hornet Comics).  Those are some of my favorites.  It's kind of hard to pick stories since I'm a fan and I'll tell you "all of them", but you may not like what I do.  Hope this helps!     
My Japanese idol music website: http://sensational-idols.weebly.com/

Offline mward

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
    • Mark Ward Art
Re: Best heroes/stories for redraw?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 08:54:59 PM »
Okay, very cool, lots to dig into there. Much appreciated.  8)