Help and Support > Feedback and Suggestions

iPhone/iPad and DCM

(1/2) > >>

Captain DJ:
Hi all.

This week been thinking about other ways and better ways to use DCM.

Wondering if any of the users here have and use iphones/ipads to view websites?

If there high enough demand I can create section of DCM that built for iPhone support etc. So instead of trying to view the DCM website in your iphone when it not been designed for small screen you would be able to browse to site, get a custom look designed just for you where everything fits on your iphone screen and still able to view all features.

If your interested please post back and let me know.
Also any things you would want included in the iphone version let me know.

Yoc:
I haven't tried these products yet but I know both are immensely popular.
I'm sure there are many out there that would welcome the idea.

Fortress Keeper:
That would be a wonderful service to visitors and much appreciated!!!

Cliffy:
I am an occasional user to the site, and over just the last few days I've used it for the first time since the preview viewer has been added.  (Awesome addition, BTW!)  I have an iPod Touch and I don't think there's a lot of utility to a special mobile version of the site.  It's reasonably easy to navigate as-is, and the comics viewer works perfectly well, as the Safari browser already allows you to move and resize the scan easily.  In my opinion the development time would be better served with other tasks you might have identifed because the iPhone experience of the site is already very friendly.

--Cliffy

beanstalk:
I have an iPhone/iPad app that enables users to play "albums" containing various types of media (video, audio, photos, books, live cameras, etc). It incorporates a cbz reader and currently has a number of comic book albums served by Internet Archive (archive.org). I'm a longtime comic nut, so I would love to be able to create albums from DCM for sharing among the app users. All I would need to do this would be an XML version of the search function (ACT=search) that would allow me to receive query results with elements describing each comic book (title, description, id, format (cbz vs cbr), and download link). Short of this, a function that returned this info for a single comic book would work.

Link to my app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beanstalk-media-player/id402090377?ls=1&mt=8

BTW, love the site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version