General Category > Comic Related Discussion

Your Top Ten Most Wanted Comics on DCM

<< < (2/39) > >>

krankyboy:
I'd love to see the Chesler superhero titles completed as well, especially Dynamic Comics.

Regarding the Green Giant, I found this on the net:

"Less than a dozen copies of this incredibly-rare comic, which was distributed only in the New York City area, valued at several thousand dollars each, are thought to still exist!"

I guess that makes his first issue one of the holiest of grails (and a heck of a lot more rare than any of my choices). Wonder if the owner of one of those rare copies would ever scan it for everyone. At least, beyond the fiche image owner that bchat mentioned. At least we can dream. How different was Brent Wood's costume of the interior pages versus what he wore on the cover?

Roygbiv666:

--- Quote from: krankyboy on October 22, 2010, 09:55:19 AM ---...
Regarding the Green Giant, I found this on the net:

"Less than a dozen copies of this incredibly-rare comic, which was distributed only in the New York City area, valued at several thousand dollars each, are thought to still exist!"

--- End quote ---

I posted this on the Public Domain Super Heroes site http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Giant :

--- Quote ---According to the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide (2000), Green Giant Comics #1 was an experiment to determine if the company could profitably manufacture and distribute comics with their otherwise idle printing presses. The Moreau Publishing company believes the book was never released to news stands.
--- End quote ---

bchat:

--- Quote from: Roygbiv666 on October 22, 2010, 09:29:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: bchat on October 22, 2010, 06:32:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: narfstar on October 22, 2010, 05:15:35 AM ---Green Giant 1

--- End quote ---

I forget where I saw it at the moment, but someone on the internet somewhere posted a small fiche image from the interior of this book to show how Green Giant's costume differed between the cover & the story.  So, there's something out there somewhere that someone has had access to.

--- End quote ---

I see your skills are similar to mine ... "someone on the internet somewhere" is usually my level of recollection.  ;)

Bookmark, bookmark, bookmark is the lesson.

--- End quote ---

Nah, the image was a very blurry cropped image of Green Giant, not worth taking note of where I saw it.  I usually bookmark pages whenever I plan to go back to them, and that particular page wasn't worth bookmarking.

The Golden Age Hero Directory has a "micro hero" image of both costumes, which are as accurate as they're going to get.   Here's the image I saw compared to the cover image:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_kZwgYcSrHR8/TMHFwUEMLwI/AAAAAAAACAk/u_y3_VJWqrE/s800/001.jpghttp://lh5.ggpht.com/_kZwgYcSrHR8/TMHGfYSWaYI/AAAAAAAACBA/SWooknBXLd0/s288/000%20green%20giant.jpgI've seen Green Giant's real name listed as Ralph Brentwood, Mr Brentwood & Brent Wood.  It'ld be nice to see the actually story one day to find-out which it is.

krankyboy:

--- Quote from: narfstar on October 22, 2010, 05:15:35 AM ---
Mad Hatter 2

--- End quote ---

By the way, Narf... isn't this available here at DCM? And was there a #1 issue?

One thing is for sure, the art is pretty nice. And I dig the character.  :)

krankyboy:
Thanks for all the info on GG, bchat and Roy.

I've got this sinking feeling we might not be seeing a complete issue for a while.  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version