Help and Support > General Help

.rar question

(1/1)

JVJ (RIP):
Hi, guys,
I've got a .rar file that someone here in Paris sent me. It's not a sequential comics file, but rather a small program with executable files in it. My question is, what can I use to open it like a .zip file and extract the components? Anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

Peace, Jim (|:{>

narfstar:
I use a free program called peazip but I think most here use winrar.

larrytalbot:
Jim,

Try IZarc.  It has worked on all files I've had to open. Here is the opening paragraph of their 'help' sheet:

If you ever used the Internet, you've probably encountered archive files like Zip, Rar, Arj etc. IZArc is the way to handle these archived files. It's both powerful and very fast. IZArc includes tight integration with My Computer and Windows Explorer.  Drag and drop to or from Explorer, or zip and unzip without leaving Explorer.

GeneYas:
A friend sent this to me. Free. Simple. No nags...

Free RAR Extract Frog
http://www.philipp-winterberg.com/softwa....ate.php?UID=160

Gene

JVJ (RIP):

--- Quote from: larrytalbot on October 17, 2010, 01:52:02 AM ---Jim,

Try IZarc.  It has worked on all files I've had to open. Here is the opening paragraph of their 'help' sheet:

If you ever used the Internet, you've probably encountered archive files like Zip, Rar, Arj etc. IZArc is the way to handle these archived files. It's both powerful and very fast. IZArc includes tight integration with My Computer and Windows Explorer.  Drag and drop to or from Explorer, or zip and unzip without leaving Explorer.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, this worked just fine. There are so many options (some potentially dangerous) out on the net that I always like to get some guidance before jumping in.

Appreciate the suggestions, folks.

Peace, Jim (|:{>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version