developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Alternate JSA  (Read 9861 times)

Offline great daddy

• DCM Member
Re: Alternate JSA
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »
And another question:what else would have happened if the JSA had been revived in brave and bold#28?

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2013, 05:40:24 PM »
I take it your questions also included what if there had never been Earth2/Earth1 etc all. No crisis on infinite earths or reversing the crisis or the New 52. We would have essentially what the Marvel universe did with Superman and Batman being the same characters as they were in the 40's.

Offline great daddy

• DCM Member
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2013, 06:22:11 PM »
I take it your questions also included what if there had never been Earth2/Earth1 etc all. No crisis on infinite earths or reversing the crisis or the New 52. We would have essentially what the Marvel universe did with Superman and Batman being the same characters as they were in the 40's.
Yes,that is the truth.However,earth-2 would have been inhabited by the Fawcett  and quality heroes.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:35:33 PM by great daddy »

Offline JonTheScanner

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 10:48:37 AM »
Yes,that is the truth.However,earth-2 would have been inhabited by the Fawcett  and quality heroes.

Maybe, but my guess is not.  The JSA sort of had to inhabit a separate earth to explain why there were two Flashes, two Atoms, two GLs, etc.  Even today it stretches credulity that the later heroes would adopt the old names. 

But leaving that aside. I suspect that not under Fox and Schwartz the twin Earths concept would not have been used. It was a classic SF meme which both of them knew well.  The later and alter into the Silver Age you go, though, the more and more mystical and less (pseudo)-scientific the background stories become.

Offline great daddy

• DCM Member
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 07:46:53 PM »

Maybe, but my guess is not.  The JSA sort of had to inhabit a separate earth to explain why there were two Flashes, two Atoms, two GLs, etc.  Even today it stretches credulity that the later heroes would adopt the old names. 

But leaving that aside. I suspect that not under Fox and Schwartz the twin Earths concept would not have been used. It was a classic SF meme which both of them knew well.  The later and alter into the Silver Age you go, though, the more and more mystical and less (pseudo)-scientific the background stories become.
Yes,I Agree with you on that one.

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 09:33:01 PM »
One of the things that turned me on to Michael Moorcock's Elric, of all things, was the fact that the first book of his I read, Sailor on the Seas of Fate, teamed up four of the Eternal Champions from four of his series on four separate Earths.  It was like a sword-and-sorcery JLA-JSA teamup!

Offline great daddy

• DCM Member
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2013, 02:17:56 PM »
I Have an idea:let's create our own alternate JSAs using public domain and retro golden age heroes.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2013, 04:38:06 PM »
Check through the thread and you will see suggestions

Offline great daddy

• DCM Member
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2013, 05:54:14 PM »
Check through the thread and you will see suggestions
I Just did that,thanks for reminding me.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 08:03:16 PM »
I had to revise this as I thought how about a all female PD Justice Society.

Black Canary - Black Orchid-Black Venus-Black CAt
Doctor Fate - Magician From Mars- Willow the Wisp
Hourman - Miss Victory- Golden Girl
Dr. Midnight - Phantom Lady-Zona-Lady Luck
Sandman - Spider Widow-Pat Patriot
Superman - Super Ann - Yankee Girl
Batman - Owl Girl-Veiled Avenger-Red Ann
Green Lantern - Nature Girl
Flash - Lightning Girl
Wonder Woman - Amazona-Wildfire-Diana the Huntress-Delecta-Nelvana-Athena
Wildcat - Pat Patriot - Tomboy-war nurse
Hawkman - Lustra-Rocket Girl-Bullet Girl

Offline CharlieRock

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2013, 01:29:08 AM »
We're kind of getting an alternate JSA being published now in the form of King's Watch (Dynamite) which will feature the top King Features heroes all together on one team. Much like the animated 80s cartoon Defenders of the Earth. If the comic book has the same cast as that old cartoon (and it looks so from the cover) then that would mean the main protagonists will be Flash Gordon, The Phantom, Mandrake, and Lothar.

Offline profpike

• DCM Member
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2013, 11:02:20 PM »
I'm new to the site-so I think I can come up with and Ace JSA is a couple weeks....

I know they aren't on here but a Timely JSA would probably be Cap, Torch, Namor, Blazing Skull, Angel, Vision, Patriot, and the Fin-or would that be All-Winners. Invaders, Liberty Legion, or Avengers?

Offline great daddy

• DCM Member
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2013, 06:08:36 PM »
I'm new to the site-so I think I can come up with and Ace JSA is a couple weeks....

I know they aren't on here but a Timely JSA would probably be Cap, Torch, Namor, Blazing Skull, Angel, Vision, Patriot, and the Fin-or would that be All-Winners. Invaders, Liberty Legion, or Avengers?
Sounds great,I Can't wait to see that.

Offline CharlieRock

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2013, 12:00:26 PM »
Thanks for posting your teams, guys. I 'reverse engineered' your teams to look for more super-hero comics of some guys I never heard of and had a snappy guide to who they most resemble of characters I did know already. :)

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »
I was not impressed by Kings Watch and will not be adding it to my pull list