Digital Comic Museum > Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to DCM - how old are you poll?

<< < (3/58) > >>

narfstar:
Good observations darwin. There has been a resurgence in kids titles. Just look at the companies to recently jump on the band wagon. I doubt these are selling well in LCS but the probably doing very well in Borders, B&N etc. The popularity of animated movies has helped the comic industry probably more than the superhero movies.
These movies appeal to young and old alike and so do the comics. BTW it also appears from this poll so far that we have a younger membership than I would have thought. The under 50's seem to be winning and pulling ahead. That is good news for the industry when all us old farts die out  ;)

loftypilot:
I almost missed this one.  Thanks go to Yoc for pointing the poll out to me.  I’m one of the old guys I guess at 63.  There, that wasn’t so hard.  I’m sure there are older fans than I still around but a lot of them aren’t online.  I have my son to thank for that as he convinced me to buy a computer back in ’96 when I thought I was too old to learn.  He, by the way, nor his older sister ever showed interest in comics.  It must skip a generation is all I can say.  (I'm working on my granddkids now to rectify that situation!) 
Well most of the the paper collection is long gone with a few decent exceptions, for one, to include a somewhat ragged copy of Showcase #4 which I clearly remember pulling off a spinner rack at the corner store back in '56.  And with great thanks to DCM and via other online means it’s thrilling to know that many of the comics I formerly collected are available once more now in electronic form.  It has been my distinct pleasure to have contributed many of these here and elsewhere myself.   :) 

--Loftypilot Dan

Geo (RIP):
I'm with you on that Dan, (am the same age) and just retired this past August. It seems I have more to do now then when working, (and Jim (JVJ) warned me about it before I did, hee, hee).
Glad to see another old timer aboard and I did the same with my great grand child to get him interested in comics. We may just revive paper comics yet Dan.  ;D

Geo
Mod for DCM
(One of the many hats I wear now days ^-^)

captain bat:
Greetings from Pennsylvania! I'm 51 years old and been a comic book reader since I was 3 years old(that's 1962 for you young people).I'm happy to be here,and look forward to getting to know many of my fellow comic book fans!

narfstar:
Welcome Rinso, I am an ex PA from the Johnstown area. Do not like PA cold or taxes so now I live in TN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version