- +

Author Topic: eBay finds  (Read 28047 times)

Offline Roygbiv666

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Standard Comics

Digital Comic Museum

eBay finds
« on: September 03, 2010, 07:48:08 PM »

Offline Roygbiv666

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Standard Comics
Wonder Comics, likely #16
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 05:14:58 PM »
Another missing issue: Wonder Comics Golden Age Comic Book Coverless

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wonder-Comics-Golden-Age-Comic-Book-Coverless-/200522062432?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb00bda60

Only ships to the USA.

It would appear to be Wonder Comics #16, as only issues 15-17 feature all of these characters:
"Superheros Wonderman and Carol the Wondergirl.  Tara Space Adventuress, The Grim Reaper Costumed Superhero, and Jill Trent Science Sleuth."

I have scans of 15 and 17 and neither feature the Wonderman splash depicted.

Offline Roygbiv666

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Standard Comics

Offline Roygbiv666

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Standard Comics
America's Best Comic #12
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 08:30:52 AM »
From the seller description:
America's Best Comic #12. This Golden Age comic which has vibrant colors, and issued in 1944 has gorgeous eye appeal, a nice piece of American and Comic history and a treasure to add to one's collection. Front cover has minor wear along the spine area including a tiny tear, several old faded wrinkles and vertical crease including a small tear and old faded pencil mark, minimal border roughage including browning stain at top border and marvel chips at right corners, and general wear associated with a comic of this grade. The interior pages are off-white with some browning on some pages including the interior covers. The reverse which has minor browning stains and creases is otherwise smooth and clean for accuracy..The comic has a tight centerfold and there are  no pages or coupons missing.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Lot-Golden-Silver-Age-Comics-w-Americas-Best-/260674461854?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb168a09e

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Re: eBay finds
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »
KO is a book I would love to have. I am sure it is waaay out of my price range

Offline Roygbiv666

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Standard Comics
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 06:22:11 AM »
KO is a book I would love to have. I am sure it is waaay out of my price range

""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Wayne Gretzky "
-Michael Scott"
--Roygbiv666

You never know, although this item has a reserve price it doesn't hurt to bid what you consider a reasonable (maximum) amount. If you win, you win. If you lose, you're out nothing.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 09:07:35 AM »
I would not want him to take as low as I could pay. Twenty bucks is about my limit unless it is a book that is super special to me and I might go 50. KO I would like to get a coverless copy for $20

Offline Roygbiv666

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Standard Comics
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 09:36:11 AM »
I would not want him to take as low as I could pay. Twenty bucks is about my limit unless it is a book that is super special to me and I might go 50. KO I would like to get a coverless copy for $20

Ha! What if his reserve is $19.99? Then you'd look silly.

I just bought JLA #21 (first meeting with the JSA) for $40. Too much? Nah. I figured out how long I need to work to net that, then consider if it's worth it.

I needs to find Fighting Yank #7 and Wonder Comics #2.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 10:45:31 AM »
Well there I just bid and was out bid but the reserve not met. I always include shipping in the price I will pay. I have a nearly complete run of Justice League. Love the annual crossovers. I have coverless copy of Flash of two Worlds. I have never been able to afford even a coverless copy of Showcase 4 or Adv 247

Offline Roygbiv666

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Standard Comics
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 11:12:40 AM »
Well there I just bid and was out bid but the reserve not met. I always include shipping in the price I will pay. I have a nearly complete run of Justice League. Love the annual crossovers. I have coverless copy of Flash of two Worlds. I have never been able to afford even a coverless copy of Showcase 4 or Adv 247

Yeah, good luck with those.  ::)

Wow, nearly complete run. I was on a Doom Patrol jag for a while and got the complete original run (My Greatest Adventure, Doom Patrol Vol 1), along with some dupicates I never got around to listing on ebay. Mostly bought in lots.

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
Re: America's Best Comic #12
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 12:38:50 PM »
From the seller description:
America's Best Comic #12. This Golden Age comic which has vibrant colors, and issued in 1944 has gorgeous eye appeal, a nice piece of American and Comic history and a treasure to add to one's collection. Front cover has minor wear along the spine area including a tiny tear, several old faded wrinkles and vertical crease including a small tear and old faded pencil mark, minimal border roughage including browning stain at top border and marvel chips at right corners, and general wear associated with a comic of this grade. The interior pages are off-white with some browning on some pages including the interior covers. The reverse which has minor browning stains and creases is otherwise smooth and clean for accuracy..The comic has a tight centerfold and there are  no pages or coupons missing.

It's (almost) amusing how every book from this dealer has "gorgeous eye appeal" and is "a nice piece of American and Comic history and a treasure to add to one's collection." Sure are a lot of "treasures" out there with "eye appeal" - whatever that means.

Hey, it's just a comic book.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 02:15:31 PM »
Doom Patrol is one of my all time favorites. I had a complete run except the final issue. I have been through a few collections with moves and such. Doom Patrol was one of my first re-completions, this time with two copies of the final issue.

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 07:20:33 PM »
Ah, Narf, you and I have similar tastes.  I'm missing 5 issues for the complete Silver Age Doom Patrol run, I think.  I've got both MGA 80 and Doom Patrol 121; both bought years ago.  I think I paid $30 for the beat up MGA 80, and that's probably the only issue I ever paid over $20 for.  One of the great Silver Age DC books.

Adventure #247 remains the most I've ever paid for a comic; even a beat up one.  But it was worth it to me to be able to say I have a complete run of the Legion.  And, amazingly, while there are at least 10 reprints of that story out there, there has NEVER been an unedited one!  The first reprint dropped a page, the next two were digest size, and all later ones (other than in black & white) edited the coloring.