developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Other site  (Read 6400 times)

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
Re: Other site
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 04:49:33 AM »
For other site admin:

Your site shows error message:
Warning: fopen(.//skins/skin2/main.htm) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/talkinj1/public_html/goldenagecomics/engine/output.php on line 19

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for .//skins/skin2/main.htm in /home1/talkinj1/public_html/goldenagecomics/engine/output.php on line 20

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home1/talkinj1/public_html/goldenagecomics/engine/output.php on line 20

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home1/talkinj1/public_html/goldenagecomics/engine/output.php on line 21

Warning: require_once(.//skins/skin2/skin_global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/talkinj1/public_html/goldenagecomics/engine/output.php on line 67

I am unable to log into your forum currently so can't PM you but this can be fixed easily, less than 5min normally.

Problem because for some reason files or the whole skin folder been deleted so you need to set site to use another skin.

If got access to phpMyAdmin etc
First browse the database table: dl_skinsets
It will list all skins that ever been installed on site for example:
setid  name  author 
1 Test Skin Captain DJ
2 Yocs Test Skin Yoc

Now chances are the skin you tend to normally use has been damaged or deleted so just record the setid of a past skin or the default skin.

Next go to: dl_config
Look for defaultSkin row and change value to the setid you found above.

Hit save and should be fine.

Alternate method using ftp
FTP into server and browse to /home1/talkinj1/public_html/goldenagecomics/skins/

You will prob notice the folder you need Skin2 is missing. You have a Skin1 folder there instead which normally is the default rwscript skin.

Download this skin1 folder.

Rename folder on your PC to Skin2 and all references inside folder files to Skin2 etc.

Upload it into Skins folder as Skin2 and hope it works.

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 04:49:33 AM »

Offline builderboy

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 10:36:05 AM »
CaptDJ...you are the best!  I am only a mod over there, but I will PM the admins and get their eyes on your post!  Hopefully, someone can get it back up pronto.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »
I am leaving or I would try alternate method

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 04:48:08 PM »
I am leaving or I would try alternate method

HUH???

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 05:25:31 AM »
He doesn't have phpMyAdmin access, but has FTP access, so he would try the second method, but he's on his way out the door.

You have to learn to read upside down...

Offline PBT

• DCM Member
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 03:15:55 PM »
I'm somewhat of a newbie here, and this thread has just completely cleared up my confusion between GAC and DCM, so many thanks for that!

Looks like GAC updates from new uploads here anyhow (and probably vice-versa?), which I just noticed having uploaded a couple of comics from torrents I'd downloaded and that I saw weren't included in the listings here ... and these have pretty much instantly appeared over on GAC as well.

Over the next few weeks I'll try to make the time to have a rummage through what I have from torrents and see if there's any other gaps I can help plug as I appreciate what a great resource this is and that not everyone likes to torrent.

Much appeciateion for all the hard work and expense that goes into maintaining this site!

Kind regards

Pursued By Trees

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »
I am a non torrent user so I appreciate anything you find there and put up here PBT. Of course what appears here and GAC soon appears on the torrents to get shared. It takes a lot of work to scan. As a scanner I appreciate the work being magnified and shared by as many as possible. Makes it seem that the hours spent scanning are more worthwhile.

Offline PBT

• DCM Member
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 02:42:43 PM »
Least I can do.

Your hard work is enjoyed and appreciated by hundreds, if not thousands, of people worldwide ... and continues to be for years after you've done it.