developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: derekwc presents: History of Comics On Film  (Read 13948 times)

Digital Comic Museum

Re: derekwc presents: History of Comics On Film
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2011, 10:36:06 AM »

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2011, 08:36:37 AM »
Top tens are great, PS, but I hope you get back to Comics On Film soon.

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
  • And I love you random citizen!
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2011, 12:08:57 PM »
Working on the next one now darkmark. The multi-season tv series take me a little longer. I've watched 2 out of 3 seasons of Wonder Woman.
The script is getting close to completion, but I would like to finishing watching season 3 and do some fact confirmation of some things.

Hopefully sometime this month the new part will be out.

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2011, 08:35:45 PM »
History Of Comics On Film Part 48 (The New Adventures of Batman)

Also please enter to win an Iron Man Extremis Motion Comic DVD all throughout the month of September!

All you have to do to enter is place a comment under your favorite episode
on the blogspot! Or follow me on Twitter and Tweet me which episode is your favorite episode and why!

Listen here for the story behind Blue Cupcakes!

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 09:48:22 PM »

Offline glammazon

• DCM Member
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
That was a nice episode on the American Spider-Man TV series.  Now, tell me, are you planning to do a feature on the Japanese Spider-Man TV series?

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2012, 10:33:05 PM »
That was a nice episode on the American Spider-Man TV series.  Now, tell me, are you planning to do a feature on the Japanese Spider-Man TV series?

Thanks glammazon!

It's coming up pretty soon. There will be about 4 more reviews and then Supaidaman!

Offline glammazon

• DCM Member
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2012, 07:53:09 PM »
Here, then let me tell you and the others what I know of the Japanese Spider-Man series so that you can use that knowledge in your upcoming installment:  The Japanese series came about as the result of a deal with Marvel Comics that allowed that particular studio to use the Marvel Comics characters (they did another series loosely based on Captain America) for a period of several years.  The costume used for the Japanese series was basically identical to that of its American counterpart, but because the company producing the series wanted to see a giant robot in it, the origin of Spider-Man as presented in that series was very different:  Peter Parker was given his powers by an alien prince who was the sole survivor of a planet that had been destroyed by his people's enemies - the same villains against whom Spider-Man faced off during the course of the series.  The robot itself originally belonged to said prince and could transform into a spaceship.  Weird as this origin may seem, the show was a hit in Japan and reinvigorated the giant mecha genre there.  Now, if I could only remember - or, should I say visualize, for I have the ability to relive past events as though I was experiencing then - the name of that particular studio! 8)