- +

Author Topic: derekwc presents: History of Comics On Film  (Read 14044 times)

Digital Comic Museum

Re: derekwc presents: History of Comics On Film
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2012, 11:52:25 AM »

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
  • And I love you random citizen!
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2012, 08:55:33 PM »
HOCOF Bonus - Batman Live!

A spolier-rific review and synopsis from History of Comics On Film Producer Derek Crabbe and his co-host Michael Vargas of the stage show Batman Live from DC Comics!

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2013, 11:24:51 PM »
History Of Comics On Film Part 57 (Challenge of the Super Friends)

I'm gonna wait a little bit before I post this one below on the blog, but it's all up and ready for watching should anybody here not want to wait.

History Of Comics On Film Part 58 (Super Friends 1978)

Pretty much this is the same show, but the two half hours had enough different material I felt justified into making it into two separate videos like those Filmation ones from earlier.

Feedback and thoughts are appreciated.

Offline glammazon

• DCM Member
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2013, 03:54:30 PM »
I should like to tell you what I know of the movie The Legend of the Lone Ranger. It was made in 1981 and the producer was the same man who did the TV series, Jack Wrather.  Two young men made their acting debut in the film; the Lone Ranger was portrayed by Klinton Spillsbury, though his voice was dubbed by James Keach, the brother of the actor Stacy Keach.  Tonto was portrayed by Jake Twelvetrees, and this time he spoke in perfect English instead of his usual pidgin.  Why Spillsbury was dubbed, I don't know - perhaps his accent was wrong for the part.  The movie involves Butch Cavendish's plot to kidnap President Grant, which the Lone Ranger naturally thwarts.  John Hart, who played the Lone Ranger for a season, is back as the girl's father, and Butch Cavendish is portrayed by Christopher Lloyd.  The movie is available on YouTube in a widescreen version and has been for quite some time - I've seen the whole thing myself.

I wish I could say things are happier here in Port Dover, but Mom is in hospital recovering from a brain injury sustained in a fall.  Dad and I go to the Norfolk General to see her every day, and she is coming along beautifully; we return to Ottawa in September, hopefully.

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2013, 11:47:34 PM »
I should like to tell you what I know of the movie The Legend of the Lone Ranger. It was made in 1981 and the producer was the same man who did the TV series, Jack Wrather.  Two young men made their acting debut in the film; the Lone Ranger was portrayed by Klinton Spillsbury, though his voice was dubbed by James Keach, the brother of the actor Stacy Keach.  Tonto was portrayed by Jake Twelvetrees, and this time he spoke in perfect English instead of his usual pidgin.  Why Spillsbury was dubbed, I don't know - perhaps his accent was wrong for the part.  The movie involves Butch Cavendish's plot to kidnap President Grant, which the Lone Ranger naturally thwarts.  John Hart, who played the Lone Ranger for a season, is back as the girl's father, and Butch Cavendish is portrayed by Christopher Lloyd.  The movie is available on YouTube in a widescreen version and has been for quite some time - I've seen the whole thing myself.

I wish I could say things are happier here in Port Dover, but Mom is in hospital recovering from a brain injury sustained in a fall.  Dad and I go to the Norfolk General to see her every day, and she is coming along beautifully; we return to Ottawa in September, hopefully.

Thanks for the synopsis glammazon! Hope your mom gets better soon!

Here's the newest video, which happens to be on the same subject:

Lone Ranger Palooza Part 8 (Legend of the Lone Ranger)