developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Funny Animal request  (Read 8518 times)

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: Funny Animal request
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 09:41:57 PM »
what happened? why the page was down?

Go here for more info on it: http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,1941.15.html

It was just a technical glitch, not a meltdown by the way.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 09:41:57 PM »

Offline jcalamil

• DCM Member
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2010, 11:52:50 AM »
Next Monday I will be very bussy and probably I won't write in the forum for some time, unless I have days off so if someday Fawcett funny animals will be posted ¿when do you think will be possible? ¿how many months will pass until an issue is posted? because I will be bussy, then I will wait patiently, thank you

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2010, 02:56:19 PM »
Again, while I appreciate that you enjoy the books and want to see more, please understand that scanning isn't done by an organization.

If someone had them and was planning on scanning them soon, they would have said so.  They haven't, so there's no schedule.  Someone we've never heard of might post one elsewhere that makes its way here tomorrow, or it may never happen, if nobody involved in scanning has an interest or access to a copy.

It's a lot like asking "when is someone going to write a comprehensive book on Don Quixote's resemblance to the Friulian Benandanti?"  It might happen immediately, but it might not, depending entirely on the interests and resources of writers.  And asking over and over again (without contributing to any other conversations) isn't going to make anything happen fast.  It's not exactly polite, either.

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2010, 03:18:17 PM »
Jcalamil - imagine 10,000 people like yourself being very bussy and living their life and working and sometimes, when the time and mood arrive simultaneously, one or five of them will pick up an old comic they have bought and spend an hour or two scanning every page and then straightening every scan and cleaning every scan and then putting all those scans into a file and then logging on to this website and uploading all of that work for free.

That is what happens here. No one plans or organizes which comics to scan or when. It's a few (probably less than 25) really really dedicated people who devote their time to scanning these comics, when they aren't busy. Or not too busy, anyway. Do you HAVE any Fawcett Funny Animal comics that YOU could scan? Maybe not too many other people have them and maybe those people that do have them would rather scan an issue of Capt. Marvel. We never know who is going to scan what or when. Asking again and again, as John C. points out, is both pointless and impolite.

Check back when you're not busy and maybe you'll get lucky, but it is very unlikely that your requests will motivate someone to invest hours of their busy time just for you.

my 2¢

(|:{>
Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010, 08:05:45 PM »
Well said Jim and John.

jcalamil, please just check from time to time.  If nothing new has been scanned check again later.
As we've already mentioned the overall interest in this title isn't very large so the best thing to do is be patient and again, check out some of the other titles on the site.  We've got 1000s of books to try, you might find something else to enjoy.

-Yoc

Offline jcalamil

• DCM Member
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »
hello?, any fawcett funny animals nearby?

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2011, 10:36:33 PM »
hello?, any fawcett funny animals nearby?

Be sure to check out the Charlton series of "Funny Animals", it reprinted the earlier Fawcett series of Funny Animals.

Geo

Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline jcalamil

• DCM Member
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »
I wish I could see fawcett billy the kid and oscar first ir third issue