- +

Author Topic: Funny Animal request  (Read 8542 times)

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Re: Funny Animal request
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 09:20:55 PM »
Modanim is putting up a bunch of Red Rabbit at GAC
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/admin.php?sid=a0028e0773ad73d5001c49c277555655
I am sure they will show up here soon so all can enjoy

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 09:20:55 PM »

Offline jcalamil

• DCM Member
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 04:09:48 PM »
I'm Back! ;D, (but not for long :'() on saturday I will travel to the beach for one week, so I need to say something before I go, but wait, I'll tell you later

Offline jcalamil

• DCM Member
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 08:26:48 PM »
Somebody in the forum has the following issues of Fawcett Funny animals:  3,5,6,8,11,13,34. As I said before, I will be absent for one week, during that time ¿is anybody able to scan or uploading them? I don't know who has them but if you can upload them, please upload them, thank you.

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 05:38:15 AM »
I apologize if this sounds a bit rude, but this is not some kind of corporate (or organized) service, and nobody's holding out on you.

Generally, any scans that are available (and in the public domain, and pre-1960) are already going to be here, and I'd guess that anybody reading here who has books that fit the bill are already planning to scan them.  The scanners are doing (sometimes literally) backbreaking labor to produce the scans solely out of the goodness of their hearts, and are therefore not the sorts of people you want to try to micromanage.  Nobody is sitting on scans, just waiting for them to be requested.

I don't want to single anybody out on this, but I do need to stress that pushing is probably more likely to delay the books, not speed them up.  That probably goes especially for someone the community has never seen before and has not talked about anything else.

So, in short, relax a little.  People know you're on the lookout, and short of buying and scanning the books yourself (always an option, and very welcome around here--the scanners you're waiting for are merely people who have done exactly that), that's about all you can do.

Offline GeneYas

• DCM Member
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »
Somebody in the forum has the following issues of Fawcett Funny animals:  3,5,6,8,11,13,34. As I said before, I will be absent for one week, during that time ¿is anybody able to scan or uploading them? I don't know who has them but if you can upload them, please upload them, thank you.

I think you may be confused about the focus of this site. It focuses on comics in the "public domain"... hence "legal" content. It isn't a site to share illegal content, so making a request for those issues will do no good. They already post what they have and do a damn good job at keeping it updated. End of story. Good luck though in finding what you want.

Gene

Offline jcalamil

• DCM Member
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 03:42:35 PM »
OK, sorry!! just tried!!, my mistake.

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 04:31:05 PM »

The "somebody" would be ME, jaclamil, but I don't scan comics. I have neither the time nor the inclination. I have THOUSANDS of comics that we hope to get onto the site someday, and there are five or six people working diligently at accomplishing this. You need to convince someone on the scanning team to request the Fawcetts (as opposed to something THEY want to see scanned). It's a tough job and these fine folks have their own priorities. Having access to the books is not the same as having them scanned.

That's how it works around here. Patience is a major virtue.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline jcalamil

• DCM Member
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 08:19:47 PM »
All right JVJ, I will have patiente, the problem is ¿where are these guys? and As I said before I will be off for one week, so I just hope one or all these "guys" could do something while I'm away, but I will have patiente, really, at least somebody is not as "rude" as the others who replied the past messsages. thank you

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 09:29:06 PM »
JC,
You've made you desires well known and the scanners have seen your messages.  I suggest you now sit tight and as someone said, relax.  I have personally checked all likely sources and DCM is sharing all of the known existing scans.  Check back in a few months and maybe, (but not likely) some more will show up.  These are just not that popular among scanners.  The fastest way would be to buy and scan them yourself.
I know the JVJ Scanners and nobody has mentioned they were planning on asking for Fawcett books in the near future so please don't get your hopes up.  So far you are only the second or third person I've seen even mention liking the title.

There are Lots of other books of many many genres to enjoy here - why not start looking into those?  Several suggestions have already been made where you can start.

Thanks for you patience,
-Yoc

Offline jcalamil

• DCM Member
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 10:42:56 PM »
all right it then!, tomorrow I will depart, so long, and !good luck!

Offline BobS

• Banned
  • DCM Member
  • public enemy #1
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 12:52:34 PM »
I like early Super Duck.

Bob
Public Enemy #1

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 08:13:34 PM »
I think I was the only guy collecting 'Capt. Carrot and his Zoo Crew' at my local shop.  Anyone that likes super anamorphic animals should check that old title out.  I bet it can be still gotten pretty cheap.

Offline jcalamil

• DCM Member
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 10:15:22 PM »
well, I'm back, and it was a hot sun at the beach, but I see there in no Fawcett funny animals, maybe you were right, it will take months, I will wait patiently but the problem is when they are posted ¿are they going to remove them? because that wouldn't be a good idea, anyway, I'm back, !hello everybody!

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010, 10:27:04 PM »
Books never get removed unless they are found to be not public domain. So if someone finds some funny animal books for you they will remain. There were several other funny animal books uploaded so you should find something you like. Check the last 100 posts

Offline jcalamil

• DCM Member
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »
what happened? why the page was down?