Digital Comic Museum > Welcome and Introductions

Greetings from capnted

(1/2) > >>

capnted:
Hi, I joined up i'm guessing a couple weeks ago. I can't remember because I've been to busy not sleeping for days and reading hundreds upon hundreds of great Golden Age comics. Now I'm completely addicted and even stumbled upon a humble stash of goopy romance comics, which i will scan and share shortly.

Thank you for having me, I enjoy scanning and packaging old pd materials, hope to contribute to the preservation of these great comics!
 :D

kusunoki:
Welcome aboard, Captain. Love the avatar.

OtherEric:
Don't be so quick to dismiss the Romance books.  They may not be readable, at least by me, but some of them have some of the best art of the golden age.  Matt Baker and Frank Frazetta, just to name two, did some of their finest work on romance titles.

In any case, welcome!

Yoc:
Welcome Cap!
Nice avatar for sure.
Yep, Eric is correct, some of those 'girl' book had fantastic artwork at times!

Please be sure to check the date published in the inside front cover or bottom of the first page.
Nothing beyond Dec 1959 for DCM.  GAC isn't as picky as us on Charlton books.

Good luck!
-Yoc

capnted:

--- Quote ---Don't be so quick to dismiss the Romance books.  They may not be readable..
--- End quote ---

Not dismissing them, i actually enjoy reading them, as i enjoy reading all GA comics. A couple things I have started noticing regarding 'romance' books is that
either that are really goopy or daydreamy 'irrealistic,'  kind of like an Elvis movie or they are actually really good and and highlight neurotic love and marriage obsession...which shows that things concerning how people think and act concerning the subject hasn't changed at all. Very interesting. Definitely a sense of humor here as times have changed, but important and interesting artifacts. I am a fan!

--- Quote ---Yep, Eric is correct, some of those 'girl' book had fantastic artwork at times!

Please be sure to check the date published in the inside front cover or bottom of the first page.
Nothing beyond Dec 1959 for DCM.  GAC isn't as picky as us on Charlton books.
--- End quote ---

Yes, fan of a lot of the art here. Interesting to because I have yet to see any 'bondage' art  ^-^ in the romance books that commonly occurs in just about every other comic (Sort of joking here...but I think I even noticed some bondage art in Peter Wheat!). I'm still waiting...  ^-^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version