developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Joe Maneely at Charlton  (Read 5328 times)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Joe Maneely at Charlton
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 08:57:15 AM »
FYI - DocV mentioned that Maneely is also in a filler of Airboy (V6 #10) "Washington's Scout".

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 08:57:15 AM »

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 11:40:52 PM »
A copy of Six Gun Heroes 45 has been located, scans will follow soon.

I've posted just the story attributed to Maneely as a preview, I would appreciate it if people who are familiar with his work could give it a look and say if they think the attribution is accurate.  I have a very definite opinion, but I don't want to bias others.  Thank you!

Offline josemas

• DCM Member
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 06:18:55 AM »
I just looked at the first page of the story and it certainly looks like Maneely to me.  It's that simpler, more pared down style he adopted when he went to Charlton.

BTW, did the scanner go to the extra trouble of removing the staples of the comic in order to get a little better scan?  If so, kudos for going the extra mile!

Best

Joe

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 11:51:38 AM »
Everybody seems to agree it's Maneely.  I certainly thought it was, I'm just not enough of an expert on his work to feel comfortable saying so without somebody better at spotting art backing me up. 

And yes, I pulled the staples to scan the book.  They were fairly badly offset from the spine fold and it seemed like the best call.