DCM Download Site > New Uploads

whamcomics uploads

(1/13) > >>

captain billy:
I'm preparing Whiz 85, 120, 127, 140 & 148 for uploading, almost done.  In my cbr every other page is bright and high contrast. The scans are consistent from pg to pg, so I guess in the rar compression process they got goofy.  Is there a way to prevent this?  They scans are 150dpi jpgs, fwiw.

captain billy:
127 looks swell, so I'll just try 85 again. 

Edit: re-compressed 85, still alternates good pages with weirdly contrasty/bright ones.  120 is the same.  I'll hold these back 'til I figure it out.

captain billy:
But seriously, if anyone has experience w/ this issue and can help, that'd be awesome.

Yoc:
Hi Wham,
Have you tried using WinZip instead of rar?
How about you upload Wham 127 and an example of a 'bad' one to the FTP and I'll take a look at them for you?
I've never heard of a compression app buggering every other page like yours.

-Yoc

John C:
Two possibilities come to mind, but they're both sort of longshots:

First, take one of your bad files and extract everything from the archive.  Are they the same files you believe you put in?  Like, are they the same size and look the same in a normal viewer?

What software are you using to view the archive?  Different systems have different settings.  CDisplay, for example, changes the background color based on some sort of guessing game regarding the edges of the image, and severe differences could make the image look much different.

Did you process the images for consistency?  Is it possible you're picking up the originals?  I know I've scanned material over the years where the scanner did produce results similar to what you describe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version