developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Unsorted - Ajax and Fantax  (Read 2210 times)

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Unsorted - Ajax and Fantax
« on: May 27, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »
While I was pleased to see the Ajax album and Fantax on DCM, and having read the text accompanying the Ajax album, I am not sure that it is all p.d. I'm pretty sure the reprints therein (Quality etc) are p.d. but I wouldn't dismiss the illos in the text stoies. Or the McLoughlin covers.  If you're not aware of him, and his brother Colin, they were prolific in U.K. comics in the 50's & 60's being especially well known for Roy Carson and Swift Morgan. There were a series of annuals of this type released in Britain all those years ago and in good nick they can fetch a few quid.
As for Fantax, well, I've always wanted to see those comics and piles more european comics on DCM and elsewhere but have always been told they were not p.d.  Hope I'm not causing a problem but I am now very curious.
Stephen Montgomery

Digital Comic Museum

Unsorted - Ajax and Fantax
« on: May 27, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
Re: Unsorted - Ajax and Fantax
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 04:39:27 PM »
I don't like the looks of them, myself--how did European books ever get through in the first place?  Even the reprints would still be under copyright, even if the originals aren't.

I'll try to move them out of harm's way.  If someone (Yoc or Eric, presumably) sees they're still there when you log in, could you assume I couldn't figure it out and kick them to the side?

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=10372
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=3597

But I think I got it right...

Thanks for the heads-up, Paw.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Unsorted - Ajax and Fantax
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 03:13:02 PM »
Thanks PB and yes, they have been moved John.
Nicely done.
:)