developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Facebook page for DCM  (Read 6845 times)

Offline kusunoki

• The Yellow Peril
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Facebook page for DCM
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 07:51:04 AM »
No worries, Yoc. No slight taken. I really just am curious as to whether it will bring in new members or a new demographic or some such thing.

Life is slowly getting back to normal (or everyone is slowly getting used to the new abnormal status quo). My wife is working hard to direct the funds of our aid organization towards rebuilding the healthcare system, but we're finding that the impressive donations that the group has acquired can get used up in a flash. Still, it looks like we will be able to make some difference anyway.

I should stress that the back-to-normalness of my life relates directly to my location in the Sendai city center. In the communities that were destroyed along the coast, life is still far from normal and will in fact never be normal again. The possibility of entire former townsites being abandoned is quite high. As I have written elsewhere, these were places that are places no more.

Sorry to end on a downer.

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 07:51:04 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 08:59:17 AM »
It would be fun to know if FB will influence our membership but we have no way to measure it.

Good luck to you K.
It sounds a bit like New Orleans where I'm told parts of it are still abandoned.