developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: freddyfly's Uploads  (Read 305863 times)

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: freddyfly's Uploads
« Reply #825 on: January 27, 2012, 08:47:17 PM »
Thank you Len for those two.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #825 on: January 27, 2012, 08:47:17 PM »

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
« Reply #826 on: January 27, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »
I double-checked my Jungle 77 and, altered or not, the ifc scan matches perfectly. I REALLY have problems with people doing this. Historical integrity is FAR more important that the c2c-ness of any scan here. IMHO. There MAY be some slight difference that we don't detect now that will turn out to be important later on. Best, if you MUST do this, to label the scan as faked/non-genuine somehow.

All of us collectors are anal-retentive to a greater or lesser degree, but let's not make up historical artifacts just to have the "skeleton" complete.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
« Reply #827 on: January 28, 2012, 07:27:11 AM »
Same here, Jim.  I'm glad that people are trying to figure out where pages seem to match, but I see it ending with someone finding a difference between the issues and claiming different print runs or something similar.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #828 on: January 28, 2012, 10:41:54 AM »
I've made a suggestion to Carl and Prime about the ifc recreations.  Stay tuned.

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #829 on: February 01, 2012, 03:49:08 AM »
I agree with jvj & John C.  I don't even like copying ads from other issues (how can you really be sure they're the right pages until you see the comic?), but fudging the indicia goes beyond that. At the very least, anything from a different issue must be ID'd.

On the positive side: this a.m. I have a c2c paper Fight #2 to replace the old fiche.
-Len W.

Offline builderboy

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #830 on: February 01, 2012, 05:24:49 AM »
Fantastic addition to the library, Len. Big thank you for that

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #831 on: February 01, 2012, 06:38:42 AM »
Yep, great addition for sure!

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #832 on: February 01, 2012, 10:49:50 PM »
One new upload tonight: GI Combat #16, from a coverless copy. None at the old HAG, so I added a small gcdb fc.

On the Fiction House front:
Yet another Jumbo 25 upload (replaces the current one): the only improvement is a 2nd bc (nice Planet ad) from HAG. The original one is badly damaged along the spine-side, but the new one has damage in the top-left corner and its color is off-center, so I've left both in the scan.
I also wanted to fix the file & folder names (it still said the issue was missing pages), restore the original credits, clean up the description, & remove comments.

And, Fight #27 (on the way shortly)... more Seņorita Rio! Another coverless, with fc+bc from HAG; maybe we can the ifc/ibc from the jvj copy. (and the other missing issues, I hope, I hope)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:55:18 PM by freddyfly »
-Len W.

Offline Snard

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #833 on: February 02, 2012, 09:45:51 AM »
One new upload tonight: GI Combat #16, from a coverless copy. None at the old HAG, so I added a small gcdb fc.
Thanks for GI Combat. My pal the G.I. Wombat has been looking for this issue for a while. As a side note, he has the following currently unscanned issues in his queue: 2,7,8. I believe he also has a complete copy of issue 10 that he plans to scan soon.

I did find a Heritage front cover for this issue, which I have uploaded as a stand-alone file. I don't know if the admins have a way to merge it into your scans; if not, perhaps someone can re-upload a combined archive.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #834 on: February 02, 2012, 10:59:59 AM »
Hi Snard,
Nope, we can't merge files.  Someone will have to do it for us.  Thanks for uploading it.

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #835 on: February 02, 2012, 07:50:50 PM »
Done! (although I didn't use snard's version, but many thx to him for finding it!) (I dumped my first up)

I was wondering why I didn't find it myself, so I checked it out and HAG had it under silver age! (I usually limit my searches to golden age)

ml's new, X-large Jungle 139 needs a small tweak (another capital-letter bug): scan51(the ibc)'s name is the only one capitalized, so it comes first (in strict ascii order) and appears in place of the cover thumb.

Looking forward to the other gic's!
-Len W.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #836 on: February 02, 2012, 08:51:58 PM »
Thanks Len, 139 was fixed by ML.

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #837 on: February 03, 2012, 07:08:37 PM »
It's upgraded upgrade (or refixed fix) time again. I noticed 7 of my old Lone Riders were corrected (re-numbered scans so that Preview showed them in the correct order), so I took the opportunity to upgrade them. (By the way, if someone could let me know about problems with my ups, I'll be happy to fix them & do upgrades at the same time).
Tonight it's #s 6, 7 & 9, with better fc's & added bc's (thx to hag, of course).
Later, I'll do the other 4 (I'm hoping to also add more pages, thx to the original scanner).

Good stuff on the way tonight: Rulah 25! (c2c, not a reprint!) (as soon as I do the editing)
-Len W.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #838 on: February 03, 2012, 10:48:01 PM »
Hi Len, thanks very much for your upgrades.  I consider yours upgrades as they've added more pages and superior scans unlike the fixes which are the same scans only the file names are slightly tweaked to work with the Preview feature.

I just sent Movielover a list of several more of your scans that need the same tweaks.  I'll email you off list.

And Rulah 25 - wow, very nice!

-Yoc

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #839 on: February 04, 2012, 09:23:20 PM »
Fixes done so far:
Planet 41 & Airboy v4n10 now .cbr
I need your help to remove old ones; they aren't in my CP
-Len W.