developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: freddyfly's Uploads  (Read 311555 times)

Offline rangerhouse

• DCM Facebook admin
  • Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
    • Digital Comic Museum Facebook Page
Re: freddyfly's Uploads
« Reply #735 on: October 09, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »
Another Amazing issue of Master Comics Thanks

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #735 on: October 09, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »

Offline krankyboy

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #736 on: October 09, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
For me, the best story in that Master Comics issue had to be the Minute Man tale. Great artwork and a fun read. But Minute Man is usually always pretty enjoyable.  :)

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #737 on: October 12, 2011, 12:50:55 AM »
And so, on the night of the 'harvest' full moon: back to Jumbos: #81 a day or two ago, #77 tonight, and #75 in a day or two.
-Len W.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #738 on: October 12, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »
Thanks Len, I love that SkyGirl feature!

Offline jfglade

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #739 on: October 12, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »
Thanks Len, I love that Sky Girl feature!

That's also one of my guilty pleasures.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #740 on: October 12, 2011, 09:38:43 PM »
Nothing to feel guilty about Jon!
Ginger is Great!  ;)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Len's Uploads Totals!
« Reply #741 on: October 24, 2011, 05:13:11 PM »
Hi Gang,
I was talking with Fan777 and the subject of total scans came up.

DCM currently lists the site at Total Comics: 11131 (minus a dozen or two that are different versions of the same book).  It's a very satisfying number to see as one of the staff.

freddyfly here joined GAC way back on March 02, 2008 the day after GAC's massive database failure that we only today are finally starting to clear up the last of the wreckage from it!

Len has uploaded since that week a grand total of by my count 1041 scans that he either scanned himself , contributed from BHComics or found on the web and filled a hole in our collection.  The vast majority though are his own scans!  That equals nearly 1 scan uploaded every day since he joined!

Amazing work Len and from all of us on staff and the members of the site I'd like to thank-you for all you've given to the site and hobby!  Bravo!  :D

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #742 on: October 24, 2011, 10:59:26 PM »
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! You're going to get me teared up. But, much thanks for the commentary!
Actually, I began using gac back in '06 when there wasn't much there. I couldn't upload much since my upload speed was slower than now, and my ISP's free up/download limit was much lower. I lost credits for my few earliest uploads in the Great Crash of '08, but it was probably no more than a dozen (mostly Barkers).
When my ISP improved their service 2 or 3 years ago, I began uploading regularly, and I gradually added all my old scans (some going back to '02 whan I got a new system & scanner). I also began scanning comics for gac/dcm and not just for me. I always considered it my contribution in exchange for the huge mass of stuff provided by all the other scanners. So, thanks to all of you!
-Len W.

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #743 on: October 24, 2011, 11:07:34 PM »
Back to business!
You may have seen my mystery Chesler upload. A couple of comments have been added, but I had exhausted all sources of info (that I know about) before uploading. DCM uploads, gcdb, HAG, Keltner, Bails, google searches... all they did was eliminate all possibilties! My theory is that it's a reprint comic like the 1946 Atomic (which, by the way, Keltner doesn't even have), and so not really a Chesler imprint.

By the way, more Skygirl coming this week!
-Len W.

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #744 on: October 24, 2011, 11:26:32 PM »
Bravo, Len!  It doesn't seem to fit any comic we have data on....

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #745 on: October 24, 2011, 11:43:07 PM »
Is it possibly Punch Comics #20, from superior?  The page count on the superior run jumps all over the place, and the info at the GCD

http://www.comics.org/issue/549477/

feels like a skeleton created by somebody who hasn't actually seen the issue.  The stories actually listed match the first 25 pages of the book you have, other than reversing Rocketman and Master Key.

At least, that's the closest match I could find.

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #746 on: October 25, 2011, 02:47:08 AM »
Sorry... Keltner wipes that one out... he lists it as a 36-page issue with 3 of my issue's stories missing.
#21-3 are no good either; they have a Young Americans story.
(do the Superiors have Canadian ads?)
(is Keltner slways right?)
so many questions... so little time...

I'm going to try out what may be a screwy theory... maybe there are 2 different versions of some issues: a 32-pager & a 48-pager. That would make  #15 & maybe #20 possibilities. There's one precedent for this that I know of: Mighty Mouse around #20-25 were published in 2 such versions.

Correction to my Skygirl promise above: I do have 4 more Jumbos to do, but they're right after Skygirl was dropped  :'(  Sorry!
-Len W.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #747 on: October 25, 2011, 09:08:05 AM »
No more Sky Girl?!?!???
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
*sob*

Offline srca1941

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #748 on: October 25, 2011, 09:50:56 AM »
To me, the key to this may be Jungletown Showboat. As far as I know, there are only two 5 page apeparances of that feature, Dynamic Comics #14 and 15. Dyanmic #15 is different, so this isn't a reprint of that. We don't have a complete copy of #14, so that can't be checked. If this turns out to be a reprint of the story in #14, then this means it is probably some reprint book. If not, it's a new book that we know nothing about.

Another clue to investigate is Crime on the Run. Keltner is very specific at differenciating the title variations of that series, and in Punch #20, it was MANHUNTERS - Crime on the Run. There is no mention of Manhunters on the title page. "Crime on the Run" appeared in Dynamic Comics #23, Snap Comics #9, and Punch #11, 17, 19, and 20, but none of those can be checked to see if this is a reprint.

All of the other feature page counts match Punch #15, so it could be a 48 page version of that. Another possibility is it was meant to be the final issue of Punch, but was never distributed, and wound up hitting the stands in some other cover. We've seen this with Rural Home titles.

-Eric

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #749 on: October 25, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
That was a perfect summary. I was going to comment on those features after seeing the latest round of comments. I was soooooooooo sure it was Punch 15 until I saw that Keltner had it listed as 32 pages (and I asked an eBay seller who confirmed his copy was 32 pgs). Aside from the remote possibilty of a 48-pg version, I vote for some sort of reprint.
-Len W.