- +

Author Topic: Question for any Golden Age comics expert on Calling All Boys and Tex Granger  (Read 1994 times)

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
  • And I love you random citizen!
My research on the interwebz thus far has not yielded any definitive answers to these questions:

I know Tex Granger first appears inside Calling All Boys, but I don't know for sure what his first appearance is.
I'm guessing that it is issue #10 of Calling All Boys, but was wondering if anyone could solidly confirm this guess.

Also I don't see any credits for those particular comics online either. Who is it that created Tex Granger?
The writing and art team behind the Tex Granger stories in Calling All Boys? Who are they and what are their names?

:-/

Thanks for any assistance or direction you may be able to provide.

- Pervysage

Digital Comic Museum

Offline JonTheScanner

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Tex Granger is in #10 and is not in #4 or #6.  That's all I can help with.

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
Thanks for that bit of info JonTheScanner.

If anyone can shed anymore light on the subject I would greatly appreciate it.

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
I have no idea who wrote Tex Granger, but the artist was the prolific and very talented Lorence F. Bjorklund.

I have almost all of the Calling All Boys, but no access to them at the moment. Give me a month and ask me again.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
Thanks very much for the info Jim. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to you in a month before my deadline.

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
I realize it hasn't yet been a month, but I'm probably going to be recording audio for the piece I'm doing on Tex Granger this weekend. For now I've got Lorence F. Bjorklund who I will credit as creator, but if at all possible Jim, it would be great to know who wrote those stories so I could give creator credit to the writer half of the equation as well.

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
My recording got pushed back a week. So if there's anymore info on the writer half of the Calling All Boys/Tex Granger equation,
I still have time to include it into pre-production this weekend.

Offline pervysage

• DCM Member
Thanks for all the help you were able to provide me with.

Finished product is up here. [\url]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:13:25 AM by pervysage »