- +

Author Topic: PANTERA RUBIA/SIMBA  (Read 2156 times)

Offline glammazon

• DCM Member
PANTERA RUBIA/SIMBA
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:16:52 PM »
This is my second of two notices about a heroine known in Spain as Pantera Rubia and Simba in Mexico, Simba being her original name.  She is a jungle heroine and is very much like the great Sheena herself, although I am convinced neither set of creators knew about each other.  Her name was changed when her comic was sanitized for sale in Spain and her appearance was altered.  Again, you can find the comics under the heading "El chico des los tejados Resultados de la busqueda de Pantera Rubia" ("These are the results of your search for the Ruby Panther").

Digital Comic Museum

PANTERA RUBIA/SIMBA
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:16:52 PM »

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: PANTERA RUBIA/SIMBA
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:42:37 AM »
Glammazon, These are reprints of the Italian comic, Pantera Bionda.  The differences in costume reflect what happened after censors in various countries got their hands on it.  Many European comics were reprinted in other European countries and in Central and South America.  Rubia is Spanish for fair-haired.

http://www.lambiek.net/artists/i/ingam.htm

This will give you more info on the creator etc. but not on the comic's history in Spain and Mexico.
Check Ebay Spain for reprints of the Spanish comic.
Stephen Montgomery

Offline glammazon

• DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 01:09:42 PM »
Thank you - I appreciate your sending me this link.  I'd love to translate some of those foreign comics into English for you, but I can't access an online dictionary when a file is onscreen.

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 03:51:48 PM »
If you're using CDisplay, Glammazon,
you might be using it in full-screen mode. Try [Alt]W to use it in Windows mode. Then you can have other windows onscreen.

(|:{>
Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.