Help and Support > Links and References

Old Time Radio Drama and www.archive.org

(1/1)

bminor:
Hustle on over to www.archive.org and check out the Internet Archive.
A perfect complement to our public domain comic site.
INTERNET ARCHIVE has five main parts.

Here I have cut and pasted from the site the main information about each area.
My big interest in old public domain feature films and old time radio drama. They have boatloads of stuff here!

1. INTERNET ARCHIVE WAYBACK MACHINE.
Browse through over 150 billion web pages archived from 1996 to a few months ago. To start surfing the Wayback, type in the web address of a site or page where you would like to start, and press enter. Then select from the archived dates available. The resulting pages point to other archived pages at as close a date as possible.

2. MOVING IMAGES
Welcome to the Archive's Moving Images library of free movies, films, and videos. This library contains thousands of digital movies uploaded by Archive users which range from classic full-length films, to daily alternative news broadcasts, to cartoons and concerts. Many of these videos are available for free download.
3. TEXTS

Download free books and texts. The Internet Archive Text Archive contains a wide range of fiction, popular books, children's books, historical texts and academic books.
Welcome to the Open-Access Text Archive.
This collection is open to the community for the contribution of any type of text, many licensed using Creative Commons licenses.
4. AUDIO ARCHIVE

Welcome to the Archive's audio and MP3 library. This library contains over two hundred thousand free digital recordings ranging from alternative news programming, to Grateful Dead concerts, to Old Time Radio shows, to book and poetry readings, to original music uploaded by our users. Many of these audios and MP3s are available for free download. Check our FAQ for  more information.
5. SOFTWARE ARCHIVE

The Software Archive is designed to preserve and provide access to all kinds of rare or difficult to find, legally downloadable software titles and background information on those titles.
The collection includes a broad range of software related materials including shareware, freeware, video news releases about software titles, speed runs of actual software game play, previews and promos for software games, high-score and skill replays of various game genres, and the art of filmmaking with real-time computer game engines.
Check out the Internet Archive blog post about the USGS collection.

ENJOY!!!!

the antithesis:

--- Quote from: bminor on April 27, 2010, 05:12:40 PM ---2. MOVING IMAGES
Welcome to the Archive's Moving Images library of free movies, films, and videos. This library contains thousands of digital movies uploaded by Archive users which range from classic full-length films, to daily alternative news broadcasts, to cartoons and concerts. Many of these videos are available for free download.

--- End quote ---

Not to mention various serials including serials based on popular comic book characters, such as Captain America and Captain Marvel. You'll find them under Moving Image>Movies>Short Format Films. A depressing number are filed under 'T' for 'The.' As in 'The Adventures of Captain Marvel.'  ???

moondood:
I love the archive---tons of old movies to download and watch on your computer or burn to DVD.

I DL tons of old B Westerns and enjoy them while my wife hogs the 50-incher to watch Dr. Phil or Oprah.

Old monster and sci-fi films, too.

I've grabbed a few comics scans there, too--and added them to this site.

Great site.

moondood

narfstar:
I bought a little black box from Western Digital. It plays avi files like a dvd player plays dvds. Great for those downloads from the archive. I dl'd the movie seriels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version