- +

Author Topic: OtherEric's Uploads  (Read 53848 times)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: OtherEric's Uploads
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2011, 10:20:23 AM »
Congrats Eric and thanks very much for all your hard work on this project!
:) :D

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2011, 10:20:23 AM »

Offline JonTheScanner

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2011, 10:32:06 AM »
And Target Comics V8 N3 is now C2C.  I also rescanned the front cover, since the original file was labeled as "poor".

And with this one, I can now with some pride report that all issues of Target Comics from v7 n6 up are now cover to cover paper scans!  I'm happy with my fill efforts here, as you can possibly tell. ;D

Thanks, Eric,

v9 n12 isn't on site though.  Do you have that one to scan?

Offline krankyboy

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2011, 12:43:54 PM »
Amazing work, Eric. Thanks so much.

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2011, 02:41:16 PM »
v9 n12 isn't on site though.  Do you have that one to scan?

I have both the 9/10 and 9/12 to scan, Jon. I want to finish editing the rest of v7 from JVJ before I get to those, however.

I wasn't trying to say we had all the issues from a certain point yet, just that the ones we do have from that point are now all C2C.  There were quite a few issues needing fills.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:33:23 PM by OtherEric »

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2011, 04:05:49 PM »
And from JVJ's collection:  Target Comics V7 N5 is now ready for download.  And we've still got lots to go.

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »
And a cover plus info card courtesy of JVJ added to Target Comics v6 n10.  Now c2c, enjoy!

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2011, 01:43:25 AM »
And contrary to my statement of a few hours ago, Jim's V7 N3 is is pretty rough shape and I'm going to be taking a while to edit it; I may even wind up farming that one out to one of the experts around here.  We'll see how it goes.

So, onto other stuff.

From JVJ's collection:  Target Comics V7 N4 is now ready for download.

From my collection:
Now that Thom has had a chance to debut it at Whirled of Kelly, Adventures of Peter Wheat #27 is now available here as well.  This is part 4 of a 4-part story, I've also posted the 24 and 26.  Even with #25 missing this is a very impressive bit of work by Walt Kelly; and a VERY long story for the Golden age.

Target Comics V9 N10; another nice LB Cole cover on this one

Target Comics V9 N12, this one has what the Overpriced Street Guide considers a Classic Cover.  Not quite sure about that, but it is a really nice one.  Even if I went with a copy of the cover from heritage since my copy has a store stamp in the logo, mine still looks impressive. And these two are the only late issues of Target we were still missing.

Enjoy them all, thanks again to JVJ, and I think I'm done for the week.  8)

Offline rangerhouse

• DCM Facebook admin
  • Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
    • Digital Comic Museum Facebook Page
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2011, 07:53:27 AM »
Great Stuff!   Thanks RH

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2011, 11:28:07 AM »
Thanks for the Peter Wheat and Targets Eric!
That was a very impressive week for you!  :)

I've got the raw Target scans and will work on them this weekend.
Stay tuned gang.

-Yoc

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2011, 11:22:51 AM »
And a few more today:

Target Comics v4 n3 and v5 n3, both originally bhcomics scans uploaded by Freddyfly, are now C2C thanks to JVJ.

And Target v4 N10 is now ready for download, once again thanks to the collection of JVJ.

At this point, all the Targets I have the scans for are done, but I a) should be getting the scans Geo did to help me get the books back to Jim quickly soon; and b) have several other issues on the way.  So more very soon!

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2011, 10:22:59 PM »
Like I said, I had a few Target issues on the way.  They arrived today, and while some of them will require a LOT of work, some of them are super-easy to work with.  (As an aside, it's amazing how much a little restoration can drop the cost of a book.)

Target Comics v2 n3 ready for download.  This one has TWO Spacehawk stories- in addition to the regular story, the text story features him as well.  Wolverton gets the byline on it, and it's reasonably clever.  Even if somebody ghosted the story the half-page illo is definitely Wolverton.

One thing I would like the experts to chime in on:  The White Streak story has a Carl Burgos byline, but the GCD credits Emil Gershwin.  I don't know enough about either artist to be sure, but the byline does not look like they're using Burgos as a house name- and the Streak looks a bit like the Human Torch to my eyes.

Anyway, Enjoy! 

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2011, 04:25:08 AM »
Hate to say it but I think it is a little too good to be pure Burgos but I see a lot of him in it. My bet would be a two man job.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2011, 08:29:42 AM »
I'd trust JVJ to make the call Eric.  Just get it to his attention in a Private Message with a link to the story pages in question.
Thanks once again for all your work on this title.

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2011, 03:25:47 PM »
And here's Target Comics V02 N04.  We had partial scans of about half this issue, but most of those were small size.  This is the whole book, all freshly scanned and complete.

While I have v2 n6 and n7 to scan as well, I think I'm going to jump ahead to one of the hard ones:  v2 n12.  This one is so brittle I suspect I'll need to take it apart to scan it, and wind up with a JVJ-style binder with page protectors when I'm done.  (I'm so sure of this I already have the page protectors and binder ready, in fact.)  Wish me luck that I get a scan out of this before the book goes poof!

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »
Some of Jim's books that I scanned basically had a spine in name only. The first turning of a page and it fell apart. Jim knew they were in that condition and did not get upset. Great guy